When to use stam trinkets?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

When to use stam trinkets?

Postby Kalor » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:06 am

At the moment I'm sitting at 105% avoidance using a pocketwatch and dmc:v card.

I can remove the pocketwatch and equip the netherwing trinket. This keeps me uncrushable still. However, to get 500 more hp, I lose the handy "oh shit" button the pocketwatch provides.

Not sure which to go for in this case.
Kalor

Postby Korath » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:24 am

I have none of the decent avoidance trinkets (Pocket Watch, Hydross trinket, etc etc) so I use Al'ars pally trinket for threat and my rocket launcher most of the time.

Would love the dmc:v card but cant afford it.

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby Base » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:47 am

Yeah I've always considered this - got moroes watch, but tend to use DMV and Spyglass of the hidden - mainly due to an epeen thing about seeing warriors with 2k hp more than me if I don't...

Should I drop the spyglass for the watch?
Base

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:48 am

2 stam trinket is never the right answer.

2 avoidance trinket is as well never the right answer unless you need them for uncrushabilty.

The best combos are always 1 avoidance and 1 stam trinket.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Base » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:01 am

Cool stuff - then that is what I shall do... byebye spyglass
Base

Postby Lore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:41 am

I'm pretty fond of my pocket watch/shadowmoon insignia combo. One of the battlemaster's trinkets would probably make a decent standin for the insignia.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Ajax » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:58 am

I personly use the the DMV card and the spyglass i like the stam and it works for me, but on some fights i swap to the hydross trinket and/or the parry trinket from zul jin (cant remember name atm) different trinkets for different jobs imo. Hydross one rocks for res fights shame you almost need it to get it :roll:
If death comes to us all, then let it come to the DPS first ;)
Ajax

Postby Dianora » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:09 am

Worldie wrote:2 stam trinket is never the right answer.

2 avoidance trinket is as well never the right answer unless you need them for uncrushabilty.

I use the 2 stam trinket while off tanking Supremeus, and that seemed to work well.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

lmao

Postby Mavrix » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Worldie wrote:2 stam trinket is never the right answer.

I have to disagree. It all ends up being situational in terms of what combo is best. There is never a default "best". Personally I've found plenty of times when having 2 stam trinkets at the same time was perfectly reasonable and quite helpful e.g. first time tanking gruul/mag/morogrim . . . I'm sure I could come up with other places as well. If the situation is one where high burst damage is going to hit you, the only thing keeping you alive is your effective health being more than that damage and healers who are quick on their feet.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Aalryn » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Yea i dont agree that 2 is never the right answer.

I seldom wear a stamina trinket because stamina is usually never a problem. I find more avoidance/mitigation makes the stamina I have more powerful than just another 600 hp.

Then there are other fights like supremus or magic heavy encounters when I need to have max hp. Then I wear dual stamina trinkets.

There are yet other fights when I need max threat. Then I dont wear either a stamina trinket OR avoidance trinket.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby honorshammer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:51 am

It wear double stamina for Lynx boss in ZA where I am soaking the Saber Lash since it can't be avoided.
honorshammer

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 am

As a general rule, I usually run with my DMC:V and one other trinket....avoidance or threat depending on the situation. As others have said though, it's highly situational.

It wear double stamina for Lynx boss in ZA where I am soaking the Saber Lash since it can't be avoided.

Huh? Saber Lash can be avoided.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Dorvan wrote:As a general rule, I usually run with my DMC:V and one other trinket....avoidance or threat depending on the situation. As others have said though, it's highly situational.

Huh? Saber Lash can be avoided.

:shock:

Does each tank infront of him check it or is it driven by the primary tank? Would I just dodge my half of it?

I can't recall ever seeing a dodge, miss, or parry on that fight, but it's not like I'm constantly watching my combat log.
honorshammer

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Honorshammer wrote::shock:

Does each tank infront of him check it or is it driven by the primary tank? Would I just dodge my half of it?

I can't recall ever seeing a dodge, miss, or parry on that fight, but it's not like I'm constantly watching my combat log.

It can be avoided, and avoiding it does not cause the other tank to eat the full blow.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Ketsurui » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:02 pm

It can be avoided/mitigated. Each tank does her own check.
Ketsurui

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice