Remove Advertisements

Should I keep stacking stamina?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Should I keep stacking stamina?

Postby Romie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:26 pm

ATM i have 13900hp unbuffed and uncrushable with kings and motw. Just cruious should i keep stacking stamina or go for more avoidance. With afew more gear upgrades i can reach pretty close to 15k hp unbuffed but my avoidance will roughly stay the same. Should i keep buffing my stamina or work on more avoidance?

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... ul&n=Romie
Image Image
Romie

Postby Dorvan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:50 pm

In my opinion, the key question for this is: can I die to spike damage? If it's possible for you to die within a window of about 4 seconds if you don't dodge anything then stacking more stamina is useful, but if you can survive that I'd consider starting to look towards avoidance. As long as you've got enough stamina to give your healers a bit of reaction time to save you from a spike, adding more stamina doesn't do much for you, while adding avoidance will lower the overall healing required.

This may well depend on the boss fight however (spike vs. steady damage, magical vs. physical).
Last edited by Dorvan on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Daeren » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:49 am

You seem to have roughly 48% avoidance, which is pretty nice, so I would go for stacking more stamina, or try to get some drops that also gives you some spelldamage maybe?
Daeren

Re: Should I keep stacking stamina?

Postby Kvaern » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Romie wrote:ATM i have 13900hp unbuffed and uncrushable with kings and motw. Just cruious should i keep stacking stamina or go for more avoidance. With afew more gear upgrades i can reach pretty close to 15k hp unbuffed but my avoidance will roughly stay the same. Should i keep buffing my stamina or work on more avoidance?

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... ul&n=Romie

I'd keep stacking stamina while adding some shield block value, I'm no big fan of pure avoidance due the way pally tanking works - SA nerf and all.

Your gear looks great but there's two things about it I'd change.
The first being getting a pocket watch or similar trinket for the "oh shit" value (think there's one in SSC which up your defense by 150 or some such for a period of time) and the 2nd being getting the gladiators gavel to maximize your threat potential.
Kvaern

Postby Corlas » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:45 pm

If I were at that point, I'd start trying to focus more on spell damage for even greater threat.
Corlas

Postby Romie » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:40 am

thanks for the input. only problem is i dont raid much so it could be hard picking up an "oh shit trinket". Just curious how good is the Gravel for tanking? I was thinking about getting one but it seams abit on the quick side for my liking. Im hoping to get t4 shoulders/chest as they are good upgrades (chest isnt really an upgrade) mainly for the set bonus and extra spell dmg. And if the plans for the boe pally tanking belt ever drop in ssc ill try and get one of those made and maybe whack stam or avoidance gems in it.
Image Image
Romie

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:43 am

You mean http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=qu ... 07;crv=0:0

Sorry to break your bubble, but the patterns are BoE, the tanking gear is not, so you need to craft it yourself.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Romie » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:19 am

Thels wrote:You mean http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=qu ... 07;crv=0:0

Sorry to break your bubble, but the patterns are BoE, the tanking gear is not, so you need to craft it yourself.

Says the Belt of the Guardian plan is BoP but the belt is actually BoE.
Image Image
Romie

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:30 am

Hmm, you're right.

I'm lazy. I noticed some plans were BoE while the items they made were BoP. Didn't notice it was the other way around for the belt. My mistake :S
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Romie » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 am

Thels wrote:Hmm, you're right.

I'm lazy. I noticed some plans were BoE while the items they made were BoP. Didn't notice it was the other way around for the belt. My mistake :S

fair enough. it is sort of strange some plans are bop while the gear is boe then some gear is boe while the plans are bop.
Image Image
Romie

Postby Kvaern » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:56 am

Romie wrote:thanks for the input. only problem is i dont raid much so it could be hard picking up an "oh shit trinket". Just curious how good is the Gravel for tanking? I was thinking about getting one but it seams abit on the quick side for my liking. Im hoping to get t4 shoulders/chest as they are good upgrades (chest isnt really an upgrade) mainly for the set bonus and extra spell dmg. And if the plans for the boe pally tanking belt ever drop in ssc ill try and get one of those made and maybe whack stam or avoidance gems in it.

I swear to SoR so faster is better in my world.

However, in another 3k rep I'll get the lower city SD mace and plan to try it out on bosses where slow+SoV might be superior.
Kvaern

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice