Crystalforge <-> Continuum

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Crystalforge <-> Continuum

Postby Coldaan » Thu May 31, 2007 2:06 am

Hi there!

I just got this from a fellow mage: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32660
Currently I'm wearing the Continuum Blade http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29185

So the Question is, as I am already uncrushable and all that, is it worth the change? The only difference is the spellhit <-> block rating. But I don't need more block rating, whereas spell hit is always good especially against lvl 73 mobs. Furthermore I got Mungoose on my Continuum already.

So do you think I should switch my weapon?
Coldaan

Postby ulushnar » Thu May 31, 2007 4:00 am

If you don't need the shield block, you do need the spell hit, and you've already enchanted the CB with an expensive enchant, then why switch? :)
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Lev » Thu May 31, 2007 5:57 am

You won't take more blockchance.... actually, i am allready thinking about, how do get rid of it... for more avoidance of course. For sure.. this thoughts are only possible, if you allready got some Karazhan equipment. But if your raid allready accepted you as a tank or even maintank and is just progressing at "normal" speed, this moment will be reached pretty fast.

So i would never change "back" to the crystalforged... its worth minor to the contium...
Lev

heh

Postby Mavrix » Thu May 31, 2007 8:10 am

Gavel of Unearthed Secrets is what I prefer. Almost the stamina of those other two, more threat from the higher spellpower. Guess it depends on what you need out of your weapon. For me with the rate our dps crew is ramping up as they gear up, maintaining high threat is vital.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Promdates » Thu May 31, 2007 3:53 pm

if you are already uncrushable before crystalforge.. you can take that and drop the 0.7% chance to hit or w/e it comes out to be and also switch out some other avoidance/mitigation in the rest of your armor for stamina.

even on these forums people are saying you can take crystalforge and it would free you up to possibly using a stamina trinket.
Promdates

Postby Thels » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:50 am

The Gavel is such a slow weapon, it's annoying. And yeah, DPS is creeping up on our Threat, so the only viable upgrade is running the arena's, unless you can get priority on stuff like Leviathan.
ImageImage
Thels

ah

Postby Mavrix » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:31 am

The slow speed of the Gavel is annoying at times, but it's a minor annoyance compared to the benefits. Just my opinion.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby ulushnar » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:36 am

I haven't tried the Gavel yet, but surely the slower speed would be a benefit when stacking SoV on a mob? With 20 procs per minute on SoV, the closer the weapon speed is to 3.0, the more likely that each swing will stack a debuff.

Of course you'd lose a charge or two on Reckoning, but since more swings =! more SoV stacks, I'm not sure what would be better for threat generation.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:03 am

Actually, you don't lose Reckoning swings, you stop wasting Reckoning time. For Reckoning, the best weapon is a 2.00 or slower weapon.

A faster weapon allows you to spread aggro a lot faster, pick up mobs faster, gives more JoW procs, etc... Yes, it's bad for SoV reliability, but that's not the only issue.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:32 pm

I do find myself wishing I had a slow weapon for SoV on Leotheras, but otherwise I love my Gladiator's Gavel. With T4+ quality gear, uncrushable is pretty painless. I probably would have gone for the new sword if it was out before I enchanted my Continuum though.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice