Remove Advertisements

My gear??

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

My gear??

Postby Raerae » Sun May 27, 2007 11:07 pm

Alright, so some people put this funny idea in my head to build my pally into a tank, so for two weeks of solid instancing and grinding I feel I have built a fairly nice tanking set. Right now in the gear I have 5mans are cake, and I OT'd kara once in terrible gear a week ago. I realize there are enchants and more 12 stam gems that I need, but below is my armory link.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... s&n=Raerae

I'm just wondering what everyone here thinks of this gear right now. I am currently spec'd holy (also have a very nice healing set), to attend kara and build up some epics to take over running Kara guild pugs. Also some suggestions from non heroic 5mans and quests would be great!
Raerae 70 Prot Paladin
Raerae

Postby Everlight » Sun May 27, 2007 11:21 pm

Some sweet gear in there :)

Check out this stuff from my blog (no point double-writing everything);

http://zentanking.blogspot.com/2007/03/ ... -gear.html
http://zentanking.blogspot.com/2007/03/ ... unity.html

First thing is, I'd drop that gear of your that doesn't have Defense on it, and go all out on it. Unfortunately, being Holy you're lacking Holy Shield, which is a serious damper to you becoming crush immune. But you don't need to worry about that for 5-mans and such.
Everlight

Postby Raerae » Mon May 28, 2007 9:08 am

As I said, so far this has been 2weeks. Being a completely uncrushable tank in 2 weeks when I do things outside of WOW is a touch difficult.

My belt and trinkets are the major downfall.

I'm working on farming the adamantine figurine from SL, as well as the stam trinket from Underbog.

The belt, I will be picking up the belt from the arcatraz key quest as soon as I get a group for both.

I'm also hoping to pickup the righteous shoulders and hands.
Raerae 70 Prot Paladin
Raerae

Postby Everlight » Mon May 28, 2007 1:54 pm

Raerae wrote:As I said, so far this has been 2weeks. Being a completely uncrushable tank in 2 weeks when I do things outside of WOW is a touch difficult.

To put it bluntly, you'll never be uncrushable without having Holy Shield. Don't worry so much about it, just select gear that maximizes your survivability - the stuff in those links will do just that.
Everlight

Postby Raerae » Mon May 28, 2007 3:58 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't think you understand...

I am currently spec'd holy (also have a very nice healing set), to attend kara and build up some epics to take over running Kara guild pugs

thus would one conclude that I would spec prot in order to tank?? I'm sorry if my inference about human intelligence didn't quite reach to your level of thinking.

spec'd prot I am easily uncrushable with the gear I currently have as far as I know.
Raerae 70 Prot Paladin
Raerae

Postby Everlight » Mon May 28, 2007 4:19 pm

Raerae wrote:I'm sorry if my inference about human intelligence didn't quite reach to your level of thinking.

Considering you're insisting on being offensive instead of accepting what assistance I'm attempting to provide, imo you can figure the rest out yourself.

Bye.
Everlight

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice