Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Shoulders decisions!

Postby Aurielle » Sat May 26, 2007 9:11 pm

Current choices -

- Spaulders of the Righteous
vs
- Fanblade Pauldrons (Heroic Crypts)

Think it is worth the -15 parry for +spelldamage,int, and 2 piece set bonus? (I'm still using Righteous Chest)

Those are my current options, waiting for my share of T4.
Also, I suppose I'll say Hi to everyone! I'm Aurielle, aspiring Pally tank. Currently spec'd 41/20/0, but building up a pretty good tank set (19d/13p/22b) 489 def, 11k HP as my Holy spec
Aurielle

Postby Dorvan » Sun May 27, 2007 12:51 am

Personal preference imo. I still use Righteous and feel no need to go farm for the Fanblades, especially as my DPS is starting to get geared up. Mana reduction on consecration is nice for trash, but not really needed on most bosses even with the SA nerf. Parry is a lot better than it used to be, so there's that to consider too.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Liadrin » Sun May 27, 2007 1:50 am

I farmed the fanblade. Aside from looking a lot better, in my opinion, I like the avoidance. I don't think the int makes that much of a difference and 15 spell damage is almost negligible. If you really want, you can switch between fanblade and righteous for kara/5mans.
Liadrin

Postby Maulininis » Sun May 27, 2007 4:19 am

mana regen gems in the righteous and use them for 5 mans.
Maulininis

Postby Aurielle » Sun May 27, 2007 9:29 am

I suppose its good I hung on to both of them then :D
I think I'll leave the Fanblades I have gem'd as they are, and throw some mp/5 in the righteous as suggested for 5 mans. I noticed a little mana blow in non-heroic 5 mans since 2.1 (such as BM) tanking single non-boss mobs, due to having too much avoidance for mana to be regen'd via SA.
This will probably help some. Tanking other non heroic 5 mans (SH,SV etc) with no CC and heroics still seems to be fine though. Mind you I typically tank as 41 20 0 in a full tanking set as opposed to respecing to heal 25 man's ><
Aurielle

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice