Tanking Trinket

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:57 pm

Liadrin wrote:
Liadrin wrote:Ok so I got it this morning and tried it out on some boars outside of orgrimmar.

From preliminary tests, it doesn't look like it's affected by +damage, as I haven't seen it go higher than the upper damage listed on the card. However, according to KTM, it does receive the righteous fury threat bonus.

And to confirm, it does crit.

Scratch that. I just got a proc for 118. (the notes say the damage range from 95-115). So I think it is affeced by +spell damage, but not much. I'm gonna try with a bunch of SD gear

Edit: Ok, definitely affected by SD, but I think the coefficient must be like 1% or 2%, something really low.

Well, one hand spec will affect it, as will local PVP buffs in certain zones or other similar modifiers.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:03 pm

Thels wrote:Whoah, 51 stamina :O

That really makes Vengeance worth it. Might even consider Madness as well, though I'm not sure there's a decent way to stay Crit and Crush immune with 2 stamina trinkets.

You can, I use the Vengeance card and a Goblin Rocket Launcher and I'm able to stay crush/crit immune.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Aurielle » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:27 pm

Have trinket now, its lovely.
Aurielle

Postby Alorianna » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:50 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Liadrin wrote:
Liadrin wrote:Ok so I got it this morning and tried it out on some boars outside of orgrimmar.

From preliminary tests, it doesn't look like it's affected by +damage, as I haven't seen it go higher than the upper damage listed on the card. However, according to KTM, it does receive the righteous fury threat bonus.

And to confirm, it does crit.

Scratch that. I just got a proc for 118. (the notes say the damage range from 95-115). So I think it is affeced by +spell damage, but not much. I'm gonna try with a bunch of SD gear

Edit: Ok, definitely affected by SD, but I think the coefficient must be like 1% or 2%, something really low.

Well, one hand spec will affect it, as will local PVP buffs in certain zones or other similar modifiers.

Was just about to say that =p
Alorianna

Postby Lumenactio » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:44 am

Did some tests today.

Example:

118 damage. RF off. 118 threat according to meter.
103 damage. RF on. 196 threat according to meter.

103*1.9 = 195.7, round up to 196.

The trinket does seem to be working with RF.

Best 1000g I've spent.
Lumenactio

Postby Sonata » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:45 am

That's it, I'm whoring A.h now...
Sonata

Postby Lev » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:50 am

Is KTM acutally correct on this? I allways thought it just anylyzes the combatlog, the kind of dmg you deal and includes your skills, buffs and equipment to get the correct amount of aggro you deal.

I doubt, there is a function in WoW that allows an addon to read the Aggro Value of any player on any mob.
Lev

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:59 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Thels wrote:Whoah, 51 stamina :O

That really makes Vengeance worth it. Might even consider Madness as well, though I'm not sure there's a decent way to stay Crit and Crush immune with 2 stamina trinkets.

You can, I use the Vengeance card and a Goblin Rocket Launcher and I'm able to stay crush/crit immune.

Yeah, I know by now. I've overdone it avoidancewise a little at the moment, and got over 102.4% without the libram and 1 sta trinket. If I get myself a 2nd sta trinket, I simply equip the libram again (or anything else that's an upgrade, but lowers my avoidance below 102.4%).
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Lumenactio » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:37 am

No way to know for sure if it's accurate or not. At least KTM is considering it a Holy spell. That's a big positive imo.

I mean, I guess if you were really bored you could have someone lower level try to deal 200 damage or whatever and see at what point you pull aggro. I guess that would work. Perhaps I'll make a level 1 alt and punch a mob to death.

Problem is... by then... it's going to proc a second time and kill the low level stuff I'm beating on. I wish you could remove it in combat. But oh well.

Not effected by Seal of the Crusader though, which I guess would have been OP.

I'm going to assume KTM is right, since that's pretty much what we use on runs anyway. If it's not... it's going to be difficult to prove unless you wanted to invest a lot of time and effort. Which I'm just not that fussed about.

It procs A LOT though. Like an obscene amount. I had 12 level 62 mobs hitting on me tonight (farming buzzard bites) and the thing was proccing pretty much constantly. Often back to back on multiple mobs at once. So no hidden cooldown. It's just a beast of a thing.
Lumenactio

Postby Lumenactio » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:49 am

Did some tests using the trinket + RF.

Had my wife's priest smack a low level bear on the head after I engaged a mob and generated exactly 294 threat. She didn't pull aggro till she was above that.

So it looks positive.
Lumenactio

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice