Remove Advertisements

Tanking Trinket

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Daromire » Mon May 28, 2007 4:52 pm

finally picked mine up for 500g and now only need the 5,6, and 8. Hope I get it before the faire comes on June 12
Daromire
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Tue May 29, 2007 3:33 am

Whoah, 51 stamina :O

That really makes Vengeance worth it. Might even consider Madness as well, though I'm not sure there's a decent way to stay Crit and Crush immune with 2 stamina trinkets.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Shai » Tue May 29, 2007 6:05 am

Romie has an excellent stamina set, about 13.8k hp unbuffed I think with two engineering trinkets and he managed uncrushable with imp motw and kings on, which you should have anyway on a raid situation. I guess it depends a lot on your other gear choises too tho.
Shai

Postby Kvaern » Tue May 29, 2007 2:05 pm

Vengeance + Moroes pocket watch is win.

On a related note, I'm quite happy I'm one of only 2 tankadins on my server I know of, so far I've picked up 2,3,4,6 of furies for 20-50g each :D
Kvaern

Postby Baelor » Tue May 29, 2007 2:21 pm

Coldaan wrote:can you also confirm that the holy dmg the trinket does is modified by our 190% aggro buff?

Inquiring minds want to know.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Menardi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:32 am

I just got this and did a normal BM run with it (lol). It seems to be affected by spell damage, though it has a very low coefficient. It is also capable of crit.
I don't know how I would test to see if it's affected by Righteous Fury's threat multiplier.

EDIT: Never mind, it's not affected by spell damage. I was using Recap to test it but forgot not to use Wings.
Menardi

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:59 am

I only need the 8 !! wtb

'cept I'm broke :(
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Menardi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:20 am

I was VERY lucky with these. I decided early on that I was going to trust the WoW site (a dangerous move) and proceeded to buy the Furies deck for ~25 per card. My druid friend had the ace and decided to give it to me as he's a tree now. :D
Menardi

Postby Liadrin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:38 am

Ok so I got it this morning and tried it out on some boars outside of orgrimmar.

From preliminary tests, it doesn't look like it's affected by +damage, as I haven't seen it go higher than the upper damage listed on the card. However, according to KTM, it does receive the righteous fury threat bonus.

And to confirm, it does crit.
Liadrin

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:08 am

Is the Faire here already? How long does it last?

Sorry, busy these next few weeks, damn finals >.<
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Aessina » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:13 am

According to http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/calendar/ it'll be around until June 10th.
Aessina

Postby DurWrathi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:45 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but Righteous Fury is now "your holy spells", rather than "your holy damage". If that’s true, I'm surprised to learn that the Vengeance trinket's damage would gain RF's threat bonus. It's worth it for the stam regardless, all I need now is the 6 and I'll be set. Alas, there’s quite a few tankadins on Alleria, so the cards are going for 100+ gold.
DurWrathi - 70 Paladin - Alleria
Est Sularus oth Mithas, Est Sudanus oth Nikkas
DurWrathi

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:48 am

DurWrathi wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Righteous Fury is now "your holy spells", rather than "your holy damage". If that’s true, I'm surprised to learn that the Vengeance trinket's damage would gain RF's threat bonus. It's worth it for the stam regardless, all I need now is the 6 and I'll be set. Alas, there’s quite a few tankadins on Alleria, so the cards are going for 100+ gold.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the tooltip to accurately capture this nuance...I doubt they were considering Holy damage by the Paladin from any source besides their spells when writing the description (or quite possibly the implementation of RF for that matter). The ability effect description:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=25780

also has room for interpretation, so I think testing is going to be the only way to resolve this.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Liadrin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Liadrin wrote:Ok so I got it this morning and tried it out on some boars outside of orgrimmar.

From preliminary tests, it doesn't look like it's affected by +damage, as I haven't seen it go higher than the upper damage listed on the card. However, according to KTM, it does receive the righteous fury threat bonus.

Scratch that. I just got a proc for 118. (the notes say the damage range from 95-115). So I think it is affeced by +spell damage, but not much. I'm gonna try with a bunch of SD gear

Edit: Ok, definitely affected by SD, but I think the coefficient must be like 1% or 2%, something really low.
Liadrin

Postby Kvaern » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:49 pm

Liadrin wrote:
Liadrin wrote:Ok so I got it this morning and tried it out on some boars outside of orgrimmar.

Scratch that. I just got a proc for 118. (the notes say the damage range from 95-115). So I think it is affeced by +spell damage, but not much. I'm gonna try with a bunch of SD gear

It's a bug if it is.
Kvaern

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice