Libram?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Libram?

Postby Thels » Fri May 25, 2007 1:51 am

I'm getting very close to making my Libram of Repentance completely useless, so I should be looking for another Libram.

Unfortunately, the only other Libram that provides mitigation is the Libram of Truth. (It's in my bank, so no worries about the annoyance of having to farm BRD for it.) 154 armor doesn't sound too thrilling atm. That's just 1% of my armor.

Libram of Saints Departed heals myself, but if I judge every 8 secs, then that's 5-6 Health per second. That's not even close to the damage I take. Not considering worth it.

Libram of Hope gives 20 Mana per Seal, which roughly is 12 Mana/5 seconds. Doesn't seem to thrilling either.

So that leaves aggro Librams. Libram of the Eternal Rest seems to be my best option then, or did I miss anything? I rarely run JotC, so Libram of Fervor/Zeal don't really appeal to me either.

(Librams: http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.7#00Mz )
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Shai » Fri May 25, 2007 3:46 am

Tbh I don't see a situation where I would ever give up Libram of Repentance coming any time soon. For normal 5mans I sometimes use Libram of the Eternal Rest, but 5mans don't really count because you can tank in high spell damage gear anyway. My reasoning is that a bit over 5% block when holy shield up is nice for blocking more in bit easier instance as block is aggro plus you still take some damage to get healing for mana (or if you have higher block value it's nicer migitation still), and in harder instances you will loose a lot of stamina or other stats to try to make up for that over 5% on stay uncrushable with holy shield up.
Shai

Postby Gideon » Fri May 25, 2007 4:20 am

I would probably swap an avoidance trinket for a stam trinket before I replaced the Libram of Repentance. The stamina gain would, for me, better for tanking than the other librams I've seen.

Alternatively, I might also consider keeping the Repentance and swapping from 0/49/12 to 12/49/0 for Imp. LoH (ghetto Shield Wall).
Gideon

Postby Thels » Fri May 25, 2007 4:57 am

Let's not mention 5 mans, they require an entirely different gearset.

I already have a 36 stamina trinket equipped. The Libram is the only item I'm currently wearing that only provides block chance. I'm past the point where I pick up gear providing a lot of avoidance over a lot of stamina. There are no easy ways for me to swap some avoidance for more stamina, except maybe the other trinket slot if I can get the Argussian Compass to drop for me some day, but at the current state, that drops me below 490 Defense (only close, though, so one two items upgraded should solve that).
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Kvaern » Fri May 25, 2007 5:02 am

I'd swap some of those defense gems for pure stam ones before losing the libram.

I very much doubt the libram is worth replacing considering the options it gives you elsewhere.
Kvaern

Postby Thels » Fri May 25, 2007 5:23 am

Yeah, I'm planning to swap the gems, as soon as I can get my hands on some stars of elune.

My server has a lot of goofballs that put CUT versions of star of elune (no, not the solid, other cuts) on the AH for as low as 20g, but uncut (or solidcut) stars are rarely there, and when they are, they're 60g or more :S
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Dragonzbane » Fri May 25, 2007 11:11 am

Thels wrote:Yeah, I'm planning to swap the gems, as soon as I can get my hands on some stars of elune.

My server has a lot of goofballs that put CUT versions of star of elune (no, not the solid, other cuts) on the AH for as low as 20g, but uncut (or solidcut) stars are rarely there, and when they are, they're 60g or more :S

Could be worse man.
You could be like me with 6 Solid Stars of Elune sitting in the mail system waiting for a drop to put them in, plus the 2 Subtle Living Rubies, 7 Uncut Noble Topaz, 3 Uncut Talasite and a bunch of cut healing gems with piles of green gems waiting for Primals to be transmuted into Earthstorms or Skyfires.

Depending on how much money you have floating around you may want to consider buying some stacks of Adamantite Ore and having your guild Jewel Crafter prospect them for you. I'm a miner so that's what I do, have another 20 stacks of ore in a bank alt waiting.

Once you do that you can AH any gems you don't want or try trading them away to guildies or even in the trade channel. Most DPS types don't put high stock in Stars of Elune.

Back to the other issue:
Health.
I don't know if you're going to pursue a Netherwing Mount but that trinket is +45 stamina I believe. I'm currently trying to plan out a set of gear to make me uncrushable without my 2 trinket slots so I can use the Netherwing and my Engineering trinkets at the same time and that set will require me to wear my Libram of Repentence.
Dragonzbane

Postby eia » Fri May 25, 2007 5:07 pm

Well, if you want to make it a bit easier on yourself, just make a second engineering trinket. They're not unique, you know. :)
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Thels » Tue May 29, 2007 3:46 am

And there's a better Trinket than the Netherwing trinket with the new Darkmoon sets. They even made it holy damage <3
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue May 29, 2007 7:14 am

eia wrote:Well, if you want to make it a bit easier on yourself, just make a second engineering trinket. They're not unique, you know. :)

I would but I'm in money saving mode right now so I'm in the process of evaluating all of my inventories and trying to sell anything that is expendable as I'm still 2800g short of epic riding. So spending the money or the mats for the second trinket doesn't fit that model right now.

I'm eyeing the new Khorium gun market, while I don't have the skill to make it yet I have a guild member that can and I can make most of the parts for it. If it looks like a decent market I may have 3 made and AH them, hopefully that will cover my costs, get me the riding skill and give me some extra cash to work with.

And yeah, I'm definately looking into getting that Darkmoon card.
Dragonzbane

Postby Lore » Tue May 29, 2007 7:39 am

Yeah I'd say swap out some of those gems before your libram - there just aren't good enough librams out there compared to the benefit you can get that way.

I'm still hoping for some new mitigation libram to be added at some point, once we're in deep tier 5 or starting on tier 6 and way beyond the need for the +5% block libram.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice