Grinding/Farming Shield

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Grinding/Farming Shield

Postby Rhaenys » Tue May 22, 2007 7:50 am

Currently I have the Lichen Guard (or whatever the name is of the Sporregar shield) and have a thorium spike on it.

What I am wondering is, if at lvl 70, if this shield is still used by many of you for farming? Or have you replaced it with something better for farming?

The reason I am asking, is that I have a Felsteel spike in the bank. I dont want to have another made, but would like to have it put on my shield if I wont be replacing it for farming at 70. Hope that makes sense.
Rhaenys

Postby Obveeus » Tue May 22, 2007 7:59 am

For aoe grinding I still use the sporeggar shield with spike. The other shields I have are the Netherwing Defender's Shield for 5man tanking and solo mob killing, and the Aegis of the Sunbird for heroics and kara.

Just this weekend I aoe grinded Zaxxis insignias for Consortium rep. The sporeggar shield was what I used with my spell damage suit. It was an extremely painless grind.
Obveeus

Postby honorshammer » Tue May 22, 2007 8:17 am

I use the Netherwing Defender's Shield. In my Grinding gear, I try to max out my spell damage.
honorshammer

Postby Obveeus » Tue May 22, 2007 8:20 am

Honorshammer wrote:I use the Netherwing Defender's Shield. In my Grinding gear, I try to max out my spell damage.

I haven't done the math, but to me a 20dps dot on every target hitting you sounds better than an additional 15 spell damage.
Obveeus

Postby Lore » Tue May 22, 2007 8:52 am

Obveeus wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:I use the Netherwing Defender's Shield. In my Grinding gear, I try to max out my spell damage.

I haven't done the math, but to me a 20dps dot on every target hitting you sounds better than an additional 15 spell damage.

You would be correct.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lorath » Tue May 22, 2007 9:31 am

Sporeggar shield is great, but I can also recommend a block rating/value gear setup. Taking close to zero damage is very funky :)
I tend to go 2H tho in ret gear, just to get a break from the tanking.

edit: typos :O
Last edited by Lorath on Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Dorvan » Tue May 22, 2007 9:33 am

Lorath wrote:Sporeggar shield is great, but I can also recommend a block value spec. Taking close to zero damage is very funky :)
I tend to go 2H tho in ret gear, just to get a break from the tanking.

For AoE grinding I find that I'm able to fully block any non-elite mobs I'd actually want to grind without specifically going after block value. Spell Damage and Block Rating are the two stats I focus on for my AoE grinding set.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice