Spreadsheets or websites to "test" gear sets?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Spreadsheets or websites to "test" gear sets?

Postby Synical » Mon May 21, 2007 4:26 pm

Hello fellow tankadins.

I was wondering if anyone knew of spreadsheets or websites where one could "try on" different gear items with different enchants and different gems to see what their specs would be.

I've been using http://www.zuluforums.com/Spreadsheets/ ... otGear.xls the excel spread sheet from here with some of the base stats modified to reflect a Blood Elf. I cannot remember the link I found it at but it was on the official forums.

I wanted to see what everyone else used (or to see if I'm terribly lazy :wink: ).

-Syn
Synical

Postby Eloff » Mon May 21, 2007 5:15 pm

I've got one that is updated with the 2.1 changes, but doesn't have the simple functionality. I'll have to try to add some drop down menus and such as I think that's a great idea.

I haven't actually linked my new one up again yet. Trying to add some polish first.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Everlight » Mon May 21, 2007 11:11 pm

I've updated the one on my blog to fit the 2.1.0 changes. It's heavily weighted towards avoidance / crush removal gear selections, though.
Everlight

Postby Raskii » Tue May 29, 2007 11:57 am

I have a spreadsheet that I use for calculating "tankage" and it works really well. I've put a lot of effort into getting all the calculations as precise as possible and, from the (granted, fairly limited) testing I've done using various Armory Profiles, the numbers appear to be spot-on!

The one drawback (ok, so there's two!) is that you have to manually enter the stats of everything you're wearing; you can't just select, say Felsteel Helm from the Head slot and have it show up. Additionally (here's drawback #2!) the spreadsheet's got a whole LOT going on so it can be a little bit of a strain on the eyes if you stare at it for too long.

All in all though, I like it :D

http://www.raskii.net/downloads/Pally_Tanking_Gear_v102.zip

P.S.
As a little bonus, I've added a basic Armor -> Damage Reduction calculator. Because damage reduction is calculated in the "main" spreadsheet it's not all that useful. . . But it's still fun to play around with! :D
Raskii

Postby Raskii » Thu May 31, 2007 10:46 am

Raskii wrote:I have a spreadsheet that I use for calculating "tankage" and it works really well. I've put a lot of effort into getting all the calculations as precise as possible and, from the (granted, fairly limited) testing I've done using various Armory Profiles, the numbers appear to be spot-on!

The one drawback (ok, so there's two!) is that you have to manually enter the stats of everything you're wearing; you can't just select, say Felsteel Helm from the Head slot and have it show up. Additionally (here's drawback #2!) the spreadsheet's got a whole LOT going on so it can be a little bit of a strain on the eyes if you stare at it for too long.

All in all though, I like it :D

http://www.raskii.net/downloads/Pally_Tanking_Gear_v102.zip

P.S.
As a little bonus, I've added a basic Armor -> Damage Reduction calculator. Because damage reduction is calculated in the "main" spreadsheet it's not all that useful. . . But it's still fun to play around with! :D

Updated my spreadsheet.

http://www.raskii.net/downloads/Pally_Tanking_Gear_v103.zip

I've taken out a bunch of the fields that Palles don't care about as much to relieve the eye strain you get from squinting at the zoomed out view. I've also made a couple of changes to the "default" gear set listed.

Because of the change in the gear, it's actually possible to achieve everything listed with only running a single Heroic instance (although, to get all the Badge turn-in items, you'd have to run it 30 times :P). Even better, it's the easiest Heroic instance I've ever seen - Slave Pens - and with a good group can be run in about 40-45 min.

By getting all the gear listed, you'll end up at 12k Health unbuffed and uncrushable with Holy Shield + Libram of Repentance.

Some gear alternatives that won't break your uncrushable status are:
Raskii

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice