Oathkeeper's Helm

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Oathkeeper's Helm

Postby meridian7 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:38 am

In short. I'm tanking for a set group (guildies) mostly 5mans and starting heroics soon.

Oathkeeper's Helm is currently in AH for around 550g, which is a decent price when compared with the cost of mats in our server. I'm currently wearing Helm of the Righteous.

My question would be, is it worth buying or should I look into something else? Keeping in mind I tanked all 5 mans with no trouble, and I'm looking to upgrade the helm for heroics.

Thanks
meridian7

Postby Thels » Mon May 21, 2007 7:05 am

If you're running enough heroics, IMHO, the heroic tanking helm will be better.

Unless you got Engineering, then get the Engineering helm.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby meridian7 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:12 am

I know it's better, problem is, it requires a lot of badges and we haven't even started doing heroics. So I'm trying to find something that will get me through till I finish enough heroics and get that helm. Should I buy it or just stick to Helm of the Righteous? Or maybe craft Helm of the Stalwart Defender.

As for Engineering, unfortunately I'm not one.
meridian7

Postby Downpour » Mon May 21, 2007 7:17 am

Until i craft my engineering helm, i just use a felsteel helm for heroics, awesome item for the AH cost, and it's got enough sockets to make it pretty configurable, however you want it
Downpour

Postby Thels » Mon May 21, 2007 7:31 am

Felsteel Helm is what I'm using too, until the patch.
ImageImage
Thels

oathkeeper

Postby Mavrix » Mon May 21, 2007 8:08 am

Oathkeeper helm is a good option if you're not looking at being able to pick up another epic tank helm very quickly. The Mp5 will only gain value after the SA nerf in the upcoming patch. There's 3 sockets, good stam, some int, some def, very nice Mp5, and some nice spellpower - what's not to like?
It's obviously not as good as the Eternal Greathelm, T4, or Heroic Badges for tanking Kara and beyond (although it's what I'm currently stuck with since out of all the runs I've done we've only had a total (I think) of 8 tank items drop in kara ever.

After the patch: If I can win my T4 that will be my top preference. If I get the couple more badges I need I may pick up the heroic one if I get that first and keep it around gemmed to use as a more mitigation piece or to swap out if I make other gear changes.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Romie » Mon May 21, 2007 8:48 am

its a decent helm, i have mana issues in 5 mans and some heroics so it aint bad for 5 mans. i payed 300g to get it crafted + mats, 550g seams fairly good value considering the time you have spend farming the mats. its nothing that special though.

As Mavrix says no point repeating what he said.
Image Image
Romie

Re: Oathkeeper's Helm

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon May 21, 2007 12:28 pm

meridian7 wrote:Oathkeeper's Helm is currently in AH for around 550g, which is a decent price when compared with the cost of mats in our server. I'm currently wearing Helm of the Righteous.

Personally, I am not a big fan of the Oathkeeper's Helm.

It's very expensive and it's one of the worst helms you can get for avoidance or pushing crushing blows off the table. In order to make it decent you have to drop avoidance gems into it and then it loses most of it's advantages.

Look at it this way:
-The mp5 will be barely noticable and still worthless with the SA change.
-The Spell Damage probably isn't necessery at you level of progression as long as you have an enchanted Continuum Blade.
-Your going to have to sink gems into it to make it worthwhile and you'd be better off saving them for a better helm.

My advice, take the money and put it toward you Epic mount if you don't have it or toward getting some good gems for when you get better gear or even for buying mats for enchants.

No sense spending all that money on something you're going to replace really soon and it's not like Righteous helm is that horrible anyway.
Dragonzbane

Postby meridian7 » Mon May 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Great advice everyone, I appreciate the responses.

I think I'm gonna stick with the Righteous helm for now. I might consider going engineer since I stopped leveling blacksmithing. Too expensive and nothing much to look forward to.
meridian7

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice