LF 3.27% more avoidance+Block%

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

LF 3.27% more avoidance+Block%

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:02 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rd&n=Blaen

After re-gemming and re-enchanting, I'm short 3.27% avoidance+block%.

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can tweak?

Note: Going for uncrushable without HS

Current List of changes:

+8 defense gems in both sockets of shoulders
+6 to all stats to chest
+8 defense gem to bracer
+4 def/+6 sta gem to boots
+12 agility to boots
+15 Block Rating to Shield
Last edited by Blaen99 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby kalbear » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:10 pm

Um, the heroic +5.3% block libram? Though looking at your armory rightn ow, you've got 43% BR. Did you log out in your block gear?
Last edited by kalbear on Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalbear
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:11 pm

Current List of changes:

+8 defense gems in both sockets of shoulders
+6 to all stats to chest
+8 defense gem to bracer
+4 def/+6 sta gem to boots
+12 agility to boots
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby Nicos » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:11 pm

kalbear wrote:Um, the heroic +5.3% block libram?


Haha. I was sitting there calculating Dodge enchants, Block on shield...

Do that. Get the libram.
Image
Image
Nicos
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:18 pm
Location: Muradin

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:11 pm

Note, and putting this in the OP, this is NOT a question about HS uncrushability.

I am trying to get uncrushable WITHOUT HS.
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby Nicos » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:13 pm

Oh. Well... +15 Block Rating to Shield is worth about 1.9% Block. That may help. (At the low cost of 10 primal earth :D)
Image
Image
Nicos
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:18 pm
Location: Muradin

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:14 pm

Nicos wrote:Oh. Well... +15 Block Rating to Shield is worth about 1.9% Block. That may help. (At the low cost of 10 primal earth :D)


Already factored in - and the money isn't an issue. I have the guild bank behind me on this.
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby Nicos » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:16 pm

Oh. Ok, I was looking at the shield on your armory (has 18 sta on it).

Hmm... Only thing I could think of is to switch out some for some 8 Dodge Rating gems, i guess...
Image
Image
Nicos
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:18 pm
Location: Muradin

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:17 pm

Nicos wrote:Oh. Ok, I was looking at the shield on your armory (has 18 sta on it).

Hmm... Only thing I could think of is to switch out some for some 8 Dodge Rating gems, i guess...


8 defense > 8 dodge rating for uncrushable.

.125% vs .16%
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby kalbear » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Ah. Yeah, that's a bit of a different question, isn't it? Sorry.

The +block rating on shield enchant would be good. Other than that...Dunno. Pretty much everything you have is good for block rating and won't have as much pure avoidance value. Might consider flasking agility; that should give some more avoidance.

Blaen, not to be too much of a dick about this, but could you tell us what you actually DO have and are going for first? It's getting a bit annoying to make suggestions and then have you say "yes, I'm doing that, what else" over and over.
kalbear
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:21 pm

kalbear wrote:Ah. Yeah, that's a bit of a different question, isn't it? Sorry.

The +block rating on shield enchant would be good. Other than that...Dunno. Pretty much everything you have is good for block rating and won't have as much pure avoidance value. Might consider flasking agility; that should give some more avoidance.

Blaen, not to be too much of a dick about this, but could you tell us what you actually DO have and are going for first? It's getting a bit annoying to make suggestions and then have you say "yes, I'm doing that, what else" over and over.


It's all in the OP, Kalbear.

+8 defense gems in both sockets of shoulders
+6 to all stats to chest
+8 defense gem to bracer
+4 def/+6 sta gem to boots
+12 agility to boots
+15 Block Rating to Shield
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:34 pm

+13 agility from base agility w/kings
+38 agi from MotW
+35 agi from Elixir
+20 agility from scroll
+93 agility, which puts it at +102 agility+13 agility, or +115 agility after kings.

This is (115/25) or 4.6% dodge.

Is my math correct when I state I am uncrushable with these buffs?
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby kalbear » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:39 pm

It wasn't when you originally made the post.

In any case, why are you going for passive uncrushability? Just curious.
kalbear
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:39 pm

kalbear wrote:It wasn't when you originally made the post.

In any case, why are you going for passive uncrushability? Just curious.


It involves Al'ars adds, and you are correct, it was not when I originally made the post - I screwed up there.

I have an idea for the adds.
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm


Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest