Remove Advertisements

I have a question.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

I have a question.

Postby Meriel » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:44 am

I have seen warriors use this sheild from pvp the gladiators sheild that looks like a red trypitch sheild, well anyways the only thing I notice on this sheild is lots of stam and resiliance, why do people use this sheild for PVE tanking I thought resiliance was a pvp stat is is used for pve now or was I always misinformed.

Also I have red the gear stickys and when they rate gear are they rating gear 1st being best last being worst I don't know how they rate.
Meriel

Postby Kayoto » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:51 am

It's because the arena shields have boatloads of Stamina and Armor on them, and while the resilience is fairly useless except in rare circumstances, the loss of defense from regular tanking shields is usually worth it for a lot of people.

This is especially true because there are very few tanking shields available as you progress through content. There's Nightbane's shield, then Gruul's shield, then the ZA shield, then... Kaz'rogal's shield. Quite a gap.
Kayoto

Postby Meriel » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:25 am

Yeah i currently have nightbane's sheild, and if I could sacrifice the defense I would prolly do the same thing. But does resiliance factor in pve? It says it helps reduce crit but i thought this was for pvp only.
Meriel

Postby Blaen99 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:49 am

Meriel wrote:Yeah i currently have nightbane's sheild, and if I could sacrifice the defense I would prolly do the same thing. But does resiliance factor in pve? It says it helps reduce crit but i thought this was for pvp only.

Resil factors into PvE.
Blaen99

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice