More item changes inc...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Strom » Wed May 09, 2007 7:08 am

Honorshammer wrote:Were any changes made to D3?

Only epics seen an upgrade.
Strom

Postby Lorath » Wed May 09, 2007 8:23 am

Strom wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Were any changes made to D3?

Only epics seen an upgrade.

Which is not true since certain blues are updated aswell. The Felsteel set comes to mind, it's a possibility only craftable blues get a small update tho.
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Lore » Wed May 09, 2007 8:27 am

Armor got upgraded across the board, I believe. I haven't seen any buffs to blue items outside of a simple armor increase.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Wed May 09, 2007 10:28 am

The Tier 4 changes made me happy.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Derelict » Wed May 09, 2007 11:44 am

Vanifae wrote:The Tier 4 changes made me happy.

Me too, VERY happy =)
Derelict

Postby Thels » Wed May 16, 2007 2:46 am

Why go for the Gilded Cloak? All it has over the Cloak of Eternity is a bit of armor. Worth the 6 Stamina? Hmm, actually, it might be. It's a lot better for druids, though.

The Goggles piss me off pretty much. You'd think that if you want to craft the best gear for yourself, you should become an armorsmith, yet all the BoP blacksmithing stuff seems to be PvP gear (or at least DPS gear).

If you want good tanking gear, roll Engineering for a kickass helm, and 2x45 Sta trinkets if you need the health. Doesn't make friggin sense.

I'm wonderign if I should drop my mining (which I got on alts as well) for Engineering. Don't wanna drop Blacksmithing in case Blizzard actually comes up with the idea to make tanking gear with Blacksmithing some day. Though it all will be useless when eventually we get a better head from PvE, leaving me with a worthless profession, whereas Enchanting would always give you a flat extra +24 Spell Damage...
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed May 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Thels wrote:If you want good tanking gear, roll Engineering for a kickass helm, and 2x45 Sta trinkets if you need the health. Doesn't make friggin sense.

You people do realize that this is the only thing of Value that engineering has right?

1 Trinket, 1 Helm.

Eventually you'll replace the helm and even if you go with 2 Engineering trinkets you'll replace at least one of them with either the Netherwing Trinket or the Looking Glass from SSC.

In other words, don't bother rolling engineering unless they come out with a bunch more improvements.

Enchanting is good for the +24 Spell Damage and could get you some money.

Jewel Crafting is good for a couple decent trinkets and free gem cutting and prospecting.

Alchemy is always good, who doesn't need pots at some point.

Herbalism has to be the most useful, sure you don't get anything wearable out of it but like I said, everyone uses pots. You save a lot of money farming the mats and having a guildy make them for you.

This is all assuming you only have one high level character, like me.
Dragonzbane

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice