WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

Postby Tar-Leim » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:29 pm

I understand bonus armor is the default choice for weapon enchants. I'm just looking to verify uptime numbers between it and mastery. Is it possible that mastery may come out ahead (doubtful at current gear levels) or at least might it be worthwhile to keep a second weapon around with the other enchant for specific fights?
Old sig was old.
Tar-Leim

Re: WOD weapon enchantment uptimes

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:33 am

They've just nerfed Mastery fairly significantly (0.75% to 0.5% damage reduction), which will probably knock that one out of contention.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:38 am

Plus mechanically wise, Mastery is only effective if you have ShoR up or heal during the proc, while armor is effective for 100% of the proc uptime.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lastwolf » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:32 am

but only can proc if you are below 50% hp, how that will effect the proc rate seems like it'll be significant, I mean my HP is up and down but I don't spend alot of time below 50%.
Lastwolf

Postby Tar-Leim » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Also the Grand Crusader buff increases holy power which should improve ShoR uptime.
Old sig was old.
Tar-Leim

Postby Extermi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:23 am

Mastery is also increasing the block chance (and even provides an offensive bouns), so this is definitely useful the whole fight. It is still an attractive stat - yet not as superior as it was before. Now we have a choice again - I personally still like to get to a hich block rate, but the speed tanking seems also attactive now.

Bck to the topic, would still be interested to hear if the armor proc happens with a high enough chance at 50% and below, where you need it most. If the chance is 100% then the enchant is really good, if not I would probably prefer mastery.
Extermi

Postby Lastwolf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:55 am

it's really expensive to test it out right now, but I will tell you when I get to raids :D
Lastwolf

Postby Tar-Leim » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:10 am

Yeah, wish they'd hurry up activate the hotfix to nerf the mats requirement
Old sig was old.
Tar-Leim

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice