6.0 sockets ? Mastery = Strength > Haste ?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Postby papst24 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi,

Yellow pure mastery
Red pure stength
Orange Mastery&Strength

Or is Haste still top of the art (until i reach 50%) ?

Discuss please.
papst24

Re: 6.0 sockets ? Mastery = Strength > Haste ?

Postby Thels » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Keep in mind that Expertise Gems are replaced by Haste Gems, and Hit Gems are replaced by Crit Gems, so you could use Haste&Mastery for red sockets and Crit&Mastery for blue sockets.

Also, Mastery seems to be the best choice going into WoD, but that's quite early into the expansion. The item values may be slightly different during 6.0.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:17 am

Uhm wait a moment. "Expertise replaced by haste" means haste is becoming RED?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:57 am

Thels wrote:Also, Mastery seems to be the best choice going into WoD, but that's quite early into the expansion. The item values may be slightly different during 6.0.

At L100, haste falls far behind, but at L90 it's actually still a very potent stat. So the general priority at L90 should still be Haste > Mastery > else.

That said, you'll probably find yourself over 50% haste when you log in, because the squish made the rating->percent conversion more efficient. So you'll probably easily hit 50% haste and have to shed some haste into other stats. STR and Crit are the best DPS stats (after haste), Mastery should be your best survivability stat. Those are rough estimates from a few simulations using a T16H gear set - details are in the Simcraft thread if you're interested.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby papst24 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:21 am

Strength and Crit give me more DPS as Mastery does? Thought with 6.0 Mastery gives me AP ? So if i have Thok's Tail Tip and or Purified Bindings of Immerseus - schouldn´t be Mastery better than Strength / Crit ?
papst24

Postby degre » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:00 am

papst24 wrote:Strength and Crit give me more DPS as Mastery does? Thought with 6.0 Mastery gives me AP ? So if i have Thok's Tail Tip and or Purified Bindings of Immerseus - schouldn´t be Mastery better than Strength / Crit ?

I clearly remember reading that, for tanks, Bonus Armour gives AP as well, I don't remember reading any similar thing with Mastery.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:27 am

Mastery gives AP in WoD as well. However, it's a flat percentage - i.e. 1% mastery gives you 1% more AP. That actually makes STR/Crit stronger as you stack mastery.

Example: you have 20% mastery and 1000 AP before mastery, so 1000 * 1.2 = 1200 AP afterward.
Adding 1% more mastery (23 rating) raises your AP to 1210.
If you instead added 10 Strength, you'd get 10 * 1.2 = 12 AP, bringing you to 1212. So even if the ratio of secondary:primary was still 2:1 as it is on gems in MoP, you'd get more DPS out of the strength.

Similar arguments apply for crit.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby papst24 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:53 pm

I checked ask mr robot and he told me red = haste+mastery - wouldn´t strength be better?
papst24

Postby theckhd » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:20 pm

If you were optimizing for DPS, yes.... not if you're optimizing for survivability though.
theckhd

Postby Ezharon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:23 pm

I'm confuse because in game Precise Primordial Ruby displays as +20 expertise instead of +20 haste. Same with other gems that still displays as +expertise ou +hit (and sometimes only +5 instead of +10 for mixed gems).
Is it a tooltip error only?
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby Jadhzia » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:07 am

Ezharon wrote:I'm confuse because in game Precise Primordial Ruby displays as +20 expertise instead of +20 haste. Same with other gems that still displays as +expertise ou +hit (and sometimes only +5 instead of +10 for mixed gems).
Is it a tooltip error only?

I'm playing on a non-Engligh server, and in my guild most people use the UI in their native tongue. But I'm playing with the English UI. We noticed that, even though I see all gems with correct stats, people with non-English UI see incorrect stats (mostly the old ones, before the patch). Simply linking a gem on the guild channel is enough to see the problem.

Since it seems to be a translation bug only, the gems function correctly when used (they give the new and intended stats).
Jadhzia, Protection Paladin, EU-Sargeras
Jadhzia

Postby Slakedog » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:23 pm

dont we get 5% haste from raid buffs?

so cap is 45% now
Slakedog

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:19 pm

1) The cap is 50% raid-buffed, which would obviously include that 5% raid buff.
2) That raid buff is not additive, it's multiplicative, so the unbuffed cap wouldn't be 45% anyway, it would be 42.86%.
theckhd

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice