Choice of trinket for normal mode

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Re: Choice of trinket for normal mode

Postby Mordred » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:25 am

I used Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal reforged for haste with spark of zandalar on normal 10man. Then I would switch out Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal to Vial of Living Corruption for the CD reduction on Thok and Garrosh during our progression. The healers never complained about my damage taken, so it seemed to work for us. For farm I went back to Lei Shens Final Orders and spark of zandalar for extra dps. This was coming right out of Throne of Thunder so I was still at like 40 to 45% haste. If you have flex gear you could be over that with more stam so I would say you can go with what ever makes you and your healers comfortable. There are way better people to anwser your question on this site, this was just my two cents.
Mordred

Postby Jadhzia » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:16 am

Thanks for your answer. At the moment, I have about 13k Haste, which (from memory) translates into about 35% Haste. I get from your answer that it's a bit low...

I'm using Mr. Robot to optimize my gear, and after a bit a fiddling I ended up using Theck's weights: 1 for Haste, 0.75 for Mastery. But even if I overevaluate Haste, I can't seem to gain much (the Haste weight is already very high).

Here the weekly reset is today, so as soon as the servers are up again, I'll upgrade the Juggernaut trinket and test it in tonight's raid. Thanks for your advice. :)
Jadhzia, Protection Paladin, EU-Sargeras
Jadhzia

Postby Thels » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 am

Vial is really nice for the cooldown reduction, so I recommend you to keep using it.

Thok's Tail Tip provides both a DPS boost and a Defensive boost, so I usually keep it in my second slot. I assume you don't have it yet, though?

Rook's Unlucky Talisman is nice if you actually plan around using the on use, such as on heroic Malkorok. If you have no active plan to use it at the right moment, you're better off with the Curse, due to it's higher ilvl, and the passive crit, while not exactly great, beats nothing.

I wouldn't spend valor on either Rook's or Curse, unless you're at 3k with nothing else to spend it on. Vial is worth the valor, if you don't expect to loot a higher ilvl version anywhere soon.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Jadhzia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:37 am

Thanks for the reply.

I managed to test the Juggernaut trinket during one evening before I stopped playing to go on holidays. It made for a sizable chunk of my auto-heals, something like 12% (which doesn't mean a 12% increase in auto-heal, I know) and the healers didn't complain.

Unfortunately, Thok's Tail Tip never dropped for me in any difficulty level. I gather from your answer that you're not a fan of the Juggernaut trinket?

In any case, any further testing will have to wait for next month. ;)
Jadhzia

Postby Thels » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 am

I don't like the Focusing Crystal, no.

Dodge on gear is not too bad. Sure, Haste and Mastery are better, but you can't get the perfect stats everywhere.

Dodge on trinket on the other hand... here it doesn't compete with just Haste and Mastery, but things like a truckload of stamina, cooldown reductions, stat amplifications... In my opinion a serious waste of a trinket slot.

And then there's the convert damage to heal effect it carries. Sure, it's a droplet of survivability, at the cost of quite a bit of damage. On quite a few fights, tanks can top the DPS meter. Your DPS is quite useful, and you're tossing it away.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:14 am

Bare in mind, since you are not doing Heroic modes, you are likely not in a huge danger of dieing, and those heals from the Juggernaut are just noise heals that would be covered by hots or random overhealing coming from healers (which most likely are bombing you every few seconds with large heals and/or keeping you fully hotted).

Dodge is very suboptimal for prot palas in a trinket slot as said above. If you are worried about your survivability more than your damage, any of the two stamina trinkets would be better(either the curse for higher ilvl, with macroing the use with your WoG, or the Rook possibly macroed to your Divine Protection if you want to save a button), or if you are worried with damage, stick with Haste trinkets that bring extra survivability on top of extra damage.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jadhzia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:18 am

I admit that those tries with the Juggernaut trinket were fun, if only to hear my healers saying that my hps was unfair. ;) Except during big damage spikes, I mostly don't require any active attention from healers. But I find it difficult to estimate how much its auto-heal was really useful.

Right now I'm abroad, so I'll make further tests when I'm back to raiding.
Jadhzia

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice