Avoidance and procs post-patch

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Avoidance and procs post-patch

Postby tankerbell » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Since we will no longer proc Grand Crusader from attacks, but 30% proc chance on D&P, will anyone actually reforge back to avoidance from Haste or Mastery (depending on which Control build you follow)? I'm pissed about this because I had great GC procs before and anticipate getting basically none after the patch. How much will the patch really decrease the value of Haste?

I imagine Theck has a post on this from sims but sadly, I do not speak math. Please to translate.
tankerbell
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: Avoidance and procs post-patch

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:44 pm

It's not that big of a change so you don't have to go changing your reforges. I believe Thels said that at 50% haste, you'd losing out on 1 SoTR every 4 minutes. Nothing to write home about.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Avoidance and procs post-patch

Postby Thels » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:24 am

Fenrìr wrote:It's not that big of a change so you don't have to go changing your reforges. I believe Thels said that at 50% haste, you'd losing out on 1 SoTR every 4 minutes. Nothing to write home about.


That's 1 SotR per 4 minutes from your Haste rating, not the total amount of SotRs you lose.

Right now, we get a GCD proc every 8.33 CS, so one "free" SotR every 25 CS. At 0% Haste, that would be one SotR from GC every 112.5 seconds. Say 2 minutes as we'll lose some GC procs due to overlap with avoidance. At 50% haste, that would be one SotR from GC every 75 seconds. Say 1m 20s as we'll lose some GC procs due to overlap with avoidance.

So at 0% haste, we'll lose 2 SotR from CS->GC every 4 minutes. At 50% haste, we'll lose 3 SotR from CS->GC every 4 minutes. That's how big the change to GC is.



Let's do some napkin math here, assuming 0% waste of GC procs (which is probably to the advantage of the old GC, as procs from 2 different sources have more chance of overlap). Let's assume one boss that hits us every 1.5 seconds. I noticed I logged out in Ret gear, so let's take Treckie's profile for the heck of it. Let's also assume a 10 minute fight (600 seconds).

He currently has 9.07% Dodge and 25.19% Parry. Kings should buff that slightly, but let's ignore Kings for now. He has a total of 34.26% Avoidance (not counting Miss, as it's not eligible for Grand Crusader). The boss is level 93, so we'll subtract 9% for an end result of 25.26%. Let's just go with 25% for the ease of calculating.

He'll avoid one swing every 6 seconds. With 12%, that's one proc every 50 seconds, or 12 procs during the entire fight. With 30%, that's one proc every 20 seconds, or 30 procs during the entire fight.

During 10 minutes, at 0% haste, you press CS 133.33 times. His Haste is at 43.51%, so he'll press CS 191.35 times, which earns him 23 procs.

So currently, when playing optimal, and single tanking a boss, he goes from 35 GC procs over a 10 minute fight to 30 GC procs over a 10 minute fight. That means 1-2 less SotRs over the course of a 10 minute fight, assuming no GC procs were wasted.

Naturally, if you're offtanking, you're losing out on those 23 procs, which are barely 2 procs per minute. If you're tanking an add or two as well, then that's certainly going to tip the scale in favor of the new GC.

And just as a sake of reference, he'll get 191.35 HoPo from CS and 127.56 HoPo from J during that fight, which together makes 318.91 HoPo (Not counting any L75 talents). The extra 30/35 HoPo from GC are peanuts.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands


Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest