Remove Advertisements

5.4 Trinkets

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: 5.4 Trinkets

Postby Promdates » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:37 am

Whats your opinion on the cool down reduction trinket?
Promdates

Postby Lid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:02 am

I think the cooldown reduction trinket will be pretty useful through early progression, while most of us are still wearing 4pc T15. While it interacts negatively with the 2pc T16 (for balance reasons I suppose), I don't believe we get that kind of interaction with the T15 bonus. At least I'm banking on that not being a thing.

Between the cooldown reduction trinket and Rook's Unlucky Talisman (frontal cone AoE is apparently the boss mechanic of the month - but maybe I'm giving it too much credit because I haven't checked logs to see what exactly it does yet), I'm brushing awfully close to a million HP with pure haste gemming.
Lid

Postby daishan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:54 am

Lid wrote:While it interacts negatively with the 2pc T16

What do you mean by that?
I know the HoT from the T16 2pc gets cut in half if we talent unbreakable spirit, does it also get reduced by another 20% if we use the cd trinket?

Personally I think the trinket is damn strong, imo the best survivability trinket and a solid dps trinket.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:56 am

Ah maybe I was confusing it with the talent then. Still haven't got logs so I can't be completely sure.

But if it doesn't interact in any way, then I can see the trinket being just completely stronk.
Lid

Postby daishan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:07 am

Even if the trinket does reduce the healing from the T16 HoT I don't think it has much effect on the trinkets value, as the HoT is relatively small plus if we use DP on cd we'll get the same total healing.
With DP at 30 sec cd I'm already very close to just using it on cd, with only a 24 sec cd I'll be getting tempted to just macro it into CS :p (I joke but not by much)
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Agamemnan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:57 am

Slootbag wrote:The life steal was bugged and might be better when fixed, especially in aoe or high vengeance situations.

What was the bug? Has it been fixed?
Agamemnan

Postby daishan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Think the bug reduced the heal by 50%, I think it got fixed but not certain.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Slootbag » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Even so that trinket is really weak.

Assume a 250K DPS scenario, that's in the rough area of 7K HPS from that trinket, nothing to write home about.
Slootbag

Postby mosaique » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:06 pm

What is the consensus on the 535 trinkets from the Timeless Isle, purchasable for 50k coins? Coming from one bad 522 trinket (Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire) and a decent 489 trinket (Lei Shen's Final Orders), are they worth getting and which one? I plan to tank SoO 10 man normals.

I realize haste is superior but I have 50k coins and want to see if those trinkets would be an upgrade. Thank you!
mosaique

Postby Thels » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:36 am

If you're still running around with a 489 trinket, the upgrade might be worth it, or you might take the DPS version for added DPS.

I bought the tanking one on my DK, because her trinkets were crappy (replaced a 502 trinket). On my paladin, I had a 535 Spark and some 522 trinkets, so I didn't bother.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Schroom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:58 am

Slootbag wrote:Even so that trinket is really weak.

Assume a 250K DPS scenario, that's in the rough area of 7K HPS from that trinket, nothing to write home about.

I can sign this. I got it on flex yesterday. and my raidleader meant (a lot of progression tanks are using this) and I was wondering why... I tried it on Juggernaut Heroic progression and it was only about 2-3% more selfheal.

it averaged out at 985.1 Heal per hit and 48.9% overheal with 106k DPS average (including P2 where I do 0 DPS)

so NOT worth it. Or at least I can't see the benefit. went back to fabled feather Heroic for now.
Schroom

Postby Slootbag » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:50 am

Schroom wrote:

I can sign this. I got it on flex yesterday. and my raidleader meant (a lot of progression tanks are using this) and I was wondering why... I tried it on Juggernaut Heroic progression and it was only about 2-3% more selfheal.

it averaged out at 985.1 Heal per hit and 48.9% overheal with 106k DPS average (including P2 where I do 0 DPS)

so NOT worth it. Or at least I can't see the benefit. went back to fabled feather Heroic for now.

Don't chew my head off if you see me with it on armory, I by chance got a 572 version and used it often for the sheer static gain for Haste, since I am swimming way too hard in Hit atm :(
Slootbag

Postby Schroom » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:53 am

Slootbag wrote:
Schroom wrote:

Don't chew my head off if you see me with it on armory, I by chance got a 572 version and used it often for the sheer static gain for Haste, since I am swimming way too hard in Hit atm :(

was my only explanation as well. I simed myself with the Flex 2/2 version and came to the same conclusion. That it would be an "ok" choice if one has to much hit and looking for a replacement for the fabled feather.

I on the other hand are swimming in Exp.... which is why I have this Parry /stam gem in my cloak. that also confuses some players who check my armory ;-)
Schroom

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:55 am

Where do you guys see that the CD reduc trinket and spec'ing Unbreak Spirit affects the HoT from the 2p?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 am

Are you asking if we should spam Divine Protection? The answers probably yes considering how short the CD becomes. You can cycle between having DP up and then having the heal tick on you almost constantly.

On Immerseus HC i used it 6x unglyphed to mitigate the corrosive blast, this resulted in just over 500k healing. I suspect glyphing it for harder hitting physical bosses and using it on CD would result in a significant amount of healing.
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice