Remove Advertisements

Stat weights and Gear Comparisons

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Stat weights and Gear Comparisons

Postby Shnuggles » Wed May 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been tanking, but as a warrior (sorry) since back in vanilla, but recently took 6 months away from the game and came back deciding that it was time to play a different class to spice things up a bit. I just recently started seriously gearing my paladin for the tankinating and had a question I was hoping you might provide some input on.

I've been using wowhead and askmrrobot as guidelines to start from. I understand the basic concept of of:

Hit/Exp > Haste > Mastery >>>> Avoidance

However, that doesn't quite get me all the way to where I need to be in terms of gearing questions. Do any of you have some examples of stat weights that you've used for ranking pieces of gear that you might be able to share with me, or just some general strategies? I am especially having a bit of difficulty deciding how to weigh Strength and Stamina in the overall scheme of my stats.

So yeah, any advice you could give me would be brilliant in that respect. I'm logged out in Ret gear at the moment, but I'll provide an armory link later this evening if that would be useful.
Shnuggles

Re: Stat weights and Gear Comparisons

Postby pvita » Thu May 23, 2013 2:35 am

Here is the last suggestion from Theck to AMR.

But since the last AMR changes to their engine and Tuesday's posting of Theck, I personally changed it for myself into:

Sta=1.4, Haste=1.1, Armor=1, Hit=1, Exp=0.99, Mastery=0.7, Dodge=0.4, Parry=0.39

while enforcing Hit and Expertise cap.

It works better with AMR and Pawn addon gemming for me. Might not work for you. If you are in doubts, use Theck's suggestion from link above.
pvita

Re: Stat weights and Gear Comparisons

Postby Shnuggles » Thu May 23, 2013 8:34 am

this is hugely helpful, thanks pvita.

I'm still a little baffled by the choices it's giving me for gemming/enchanting-- for instance, AMR's obsession with Colossus instead of Dancing Steel.
Shnuggles

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice