Remove Advertisements

Int Shield BIS?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Int Shield BIS?

Postby Kaalaani » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:29 am

After getting Tortos' Discarded Shell(hc) last week, and replacing Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield with it, i was curious about how good it actually is.
I played around with AMR and with my usual settings of Control/Haste with Stamina weight set to 1.3 it was ahead of the other shields of its itemlevel in relative comparison.

Now testing Tortos' Discarded Shell(hc tf) with the same settings put it at the top of the list.

I know relying solely on AskMrRobot is always a bit tricky, but i dont see anything wrong with its math this time.
So what are your thougts on our BIS shield possibly being an int shield?

edit: here's my armory if you want to test the results with my gear
Kaalaani

Re: Int Shield BIS?

Postby lythac » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 am

Using AMR that shield comes in 9th relative to your gear (well 10th, the thunderforged version isn't appearing) and 10th absolute (11th really).

You must have something different in your settings to default (stamina aside), I thought at first it would be strength set to 0 but even then the int shield doesn't come top. Would help if you paste all of the stat weightings.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Kaalaani » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:08 am

i forced hit and expertise caps ,that's what screwed the rating.
Now nontf and tf come up as 10th and 7th, which ist still good considering where the oder shields drop.
Kaalaani

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:24 am

I'm not sure about the heroic version, but when Theck did a comparison for me between the upgraded MSV shield versus the normal Tortos healing shield... unfortunately the Tortos shield came out ahead as a 10% upgrade in that slot. (I say unfortunately because I feel like an idiot wearing it.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice