Remove Advertisements

looking for a bit of advice

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

looking for a bit of advice

Postby bubblégirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

I have recently came back to my 90 paladin after playing a tank warrior in a 60/70 re-roll guild. I have managed to pick up gear here and there from heroics and LFR, but I still feel my dodge/parry are low for 10 man raids/heroics. My health bar seems to drop by a good 30-40% a hit off a boss.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... irl/simple

parry - 18.11%
dodge - 9.52%
Mastery - 17.16%

Hit - +5.62%
Expertise - 2.86%
bubblégirl

Re: looking for a bit of advice

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:58 am

Whoa nelly, you've got full on parry gems in there. Those are a thing of the very long dead past.

The general recommendation around here is hit and expertise to cap, then it's pretty much haste out the butt (or mastery if you chose that path).
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: looking for a bit of advice

Postby Gab » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:37 pm

bubblégirl wrote:My health bar seems to drop by a good 30-40% a hit off a boss.

Nika is right. To expound a bit, if you stack more avoidance you still run the risk of taking those large hits back to back to back, you just reduce that risk. But to smooth out your damage and actually eliminate those large hits you want to increase your uptime of Shield of the Righteous and Sacred Shield.

Expertise and Hit capping insure you will generate steady holy power to have a higher uptime on SotR and means you can reliably time SotR for big attacks. After you know your holy power generators are going to connect and generate holy power you can increase your haste to further increase holy power generation and SotR uptime.

Sacred Shield also accounts for a good amount of damage, and more specifically spike damage, reduction and scales incredibly well with haste.

Work on keeping up Sacred Shield and making sure you are maximizing holy power generation for higher SotR uptime. Pretty sure doing this will accomplish what you are trying to accomplish far more effectively than more avoidance could.
Gab

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice