Ret 4 pc

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Ret 4 pc

Postby Egtheridon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:34 am

So i've been looking at the gear sets recently and I was wondering how viable ret 4pc(with sanctified wrath) would be over the current prot 2pc 4pc. The gear in general for ret seems to be statted better if you go helm/gloves/legs/shoulders with the exception of gloves which is the odd man out with crit/exp vs all the dodge and parry you get on the prot 4pc, and mastery on only two pieces. It would seem for active mitigation in just raw stats ret is more ideal, but the four piece ret bonus -85 seconds on avenging wrath meaning 65sec down 30secs uptime, about 30 percent uptime of avenging wrath (-50 judgement cooldown, +20 percent bonus healing, +20dmg/healing with sanctified wrath) over 2min ardent defender and +10 sothr dmg reduction and +10 wog healing.

I really unfortunately don't know how to "math it out", but intuitively from the healing/damage gains not including the increased uptime of sothr due to reduced judgement cooldown it may be more ideal, with the 2pc IMO not being very viable for either prot or ret, ret because it is an ablity we don't have and prot because the only time i use ardent defender generally is in dicey situations and sometimes I'll go fights without using it or only using it once. Ofcourse if we get a deathwing impale mechanic i need a 2 min cooldown on i may regret it later lol.
Paladin/70/Rivendare
Egtheridon

Re: Ret 4 pc

Postby propal » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:34 am

This is something that i also have have considered, 30% uptime on wings, with extra Hp gen, and extra healing taken/done.
50% uptime on 3.6k mastery from doouble stamina/mastery use trinkets (Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage and Jade Warlord Figurine).
where rest of downtime could be used by divine protection or similiar. Giving (without doing the actual math of cd's clashing) almost 100% uptime of relatively strong cd's.

This is definetly worth considering, however the protection setbonuses isnt bad either
propal

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice