Remove Advertisements

Tier tokens priority in MoP

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Tier tokens priority in MoP

Postby Hespherus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:17 am

Just something to talk about, while we wait for MoP.

I know nothing is set in stone yet and thing can still change(most probably will), but i think we have enough information, to be able to draw a conclusion.

What i mean is, in DS for example, for me it was pretty clear. In order to progress in heroics, i had to try and gear as much as possible my dps.

Will it be the case in MoP? From my limited time in the beta and from what ive been able to see/read from other sources, it seems like tank damage will be pretty spikey and therefore warrant giving the tier pieces to the tanks.

Or will the smart move still be giving it to the dps?
Hespherus

Re: Tier tokens priority in MoP

Postby Gab » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 am

Hespherus wrote:Just something to talk about, while we wait for MoP.

I know nothing is set in stone yet and thing can still change(most probably will), but i think we have enough information, to be able to draw a conclusion.

What i mean is, in DS for example, for me it was pretty clear. In order to progress in heroics, i had to try and gear as much as possible my dps.

Will it be the case in MoP? From my limited time in the beta and from what ive been able to see/read from other sources, it seems like tank damage will be pretty spikey and therefore warrant giving the tier pieces to the tanks.

Or will the smart move still be giving it to the dps?

It's really still too early to tell but tank damage hasn't really been a brick wall since... BC. DS it was important for tanks to have tier, not because of the stats but because of the 4 pc. Most likely feeding tokens to DPS will be the way to go again barring insane set bonuses for tanks/healers.

And with LFR tier being available tanks/healers can go with that if they really need bonuses.

Edit: I suppose Gormok tank damage was a brick wall... but the old AD kinda cheesed that.
Gab

Postby Hespherus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:41 am

Yeah, with the help of LFR, tanks got their 4 set pretty fast, at least in our case, and then they were the last to get their upgrades.

I was still rocking 384 in some slots, while my ret pally and sp were almost full 410.

And there is also some loot that is usable by more than 1 role, that went to the dps too.
Hespherus

Postby degre » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:20 am

Hespherus wrote:And there is also some loot that is usable by more than 1 role, that went to the dps too.

I'm loving and hating this...

While I see the benefits of it, having more shared bits means that I wont be able to do as we did through DS with the other tank, avoid bidding each other and just deciding who was getting what at the minimum DKP price to save DKPs for bidding on tier bits, now we'll have to bid war for tank/dps shared non tier gear too.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:42 pm

I don't think we will prioritize in either direction, but right now tank DPS should be roughly on par with "real" DPS classes, so I'd say it's a toss-up. If the tank damage on a fight isn't giving you trouble, let them throw on some more DPS stats. If you aren't comfortable doing that, perhaps survivability is bottlenecking more than you thought. If anything I would lean towards tank priority on gear except that already happens naturally (especially in 25m).
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Darielle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:35 pm

If you're in a 25-man raid and you have a Druid tank, you would probably want to prioritise tokens to them to guarantee 4-set by the time Sha of Fear opens up. Having that 5% dodge on Sha is a big deal.
Darielle

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice