Remove Advertisements

Pure Stamina even to the point of falling below the CTC cap?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Pure Stamina even to the point of falling below the CTC cap?

Postby Baneslayer » Fri May 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Hey there guys,

I was recently reading some stuff on MMO champion about gearing up for heroic raids in dragon soul. This tank who is 8/8 heroic DS says that stacking pure stamina is the way to go for heroic dragon soul given that mechanics in fights are mostly unblockable. I am curious if any of you have found this to be true?

He mentioned that Soulshifter Vortex and Resolve of the Undying are good trinkets to use when I thought previously given the nature of block capping weren't important.

Thanks in advance.
Baneslayer

Re: Pure Stamina even to the point of falling below the CTC

Postby theckhd » Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Baneslayer wrote:This tank who is 8/8 heroic DS says that stacking pure stamina is the way to go for heroic dragon soul given that mechanics in fights are mostly unblockable.

He mentioned that Soulshifter Vortex and Resolve of the Undying are good trinkets to use when I thought previously given the nature of block capping weren't important.

Both of those trinkets are still pretty terrible. Soulshifter might get used simply because there is no second stamina option that's much better, but in practice there's no need. There's a better second trinket for every fight than Soulshifter.

And if the reason for stacking stamina is that most damage isn't blockable (or dodge/parry-able), which is a valid reasoning, then it's tough to justify Resolve as anything but vendor trash.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice