Herald of the Titans - Paladin tanking

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Herald of the Titans - Paladin tanking

Postby Crunge » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Hello,
I just leveled my Paladin to 80 to get the Herald of the Titans achievement. I have tanked before as a Druid, but as a Paladin I have no idea what to do regarding gear and gem choices. I have some friends who I'm going to farm Ulduar 25M, ToC10M with for a month to gear ourselves up. I'm sorry I can't give you my gear list (because I'm full of greens right now) but would you be kind enough to tell me which stats and gems I should prioritize, so I can tank Algalon without any major problems?

Thank you.
Crunge

Re: Herald of the Titans - Paladin tanking

Postby Gab » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm

I don't know the exact math, but I'd be willing to bet that block (mastery) will still be pretty strong on Algalon. I believe you can reforge. There is a little bit of shadow and fire damage from black holes exploding and cosmic smash but physical damage will probably be the vast majority of your damage taken, although I'm not sure if quantum strike is blockable. Haven't done it since 3.something but I have heard it's much easier; it might not matter a whole lot with a decent group.
Gab

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice