Remove Advertisements

Reforging for exp. and hit once full CTC.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Reforging for exp. and hit once full CTC.

Postby Kethmil » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 am

I tried to find info on this topic, but couldnt find an especific thread about it.

Sorry in advance if was discussed anywhere else.

Thing is. We're advancing in heroic DS in my guild now. We downed morchock and ultraxion already. Problem is that most of my dps do under-par DPS, so i decided to reforge for expertise and hit instead of stamina, always maintaining full CTC, of course.

Is this highly unadvisable? Guess that prolly for heroic blackhorn and heroic madness i should change for stamina again, but i reckon my dps increase would be more valuable for these lower boses (Yorsahj, Zonozz and Hagara).

My armory link is the following one. As you see i already started this process.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... l/advanced

Thank you for any help.
Kethmil

Re: Reforging for exp. and hit once full CTC.

Postby Kethmil » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:36 am

A log of our last (and first) Ultraxion HC kill. As you see raid dps sucks donkey balls.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yvvt ... 929&e=2253
Kethmil

Postby Cowmmunion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 am

For Yorsahj, Zonozz, and Hagara - all of those fights the tank takes a crapton of damage (if one tanking them all). On Hagara, CTC cap doesn't mean much and I stack stamina. On the other 2, I CTC cap and then just stack as much stamina as I can. With mastery food and mastery elixirs, I can pretty much stack pure stamina, remain CTC capped, and reforge the rest into exp/hit. I think I'm expertise capped with ~4.84% hit, gemming almost entirely for pure stamina.

Hagara is a different ball game... but I really don't recommend expertise/hit over stamina on Zonozz and Yorsahj. If your healers are AMAZING and your DPS is horrible, maybe. But those are both really healing fights more then DPS checks, and you need to do what you can to reduce the load on your healers (and you get hit HARD in all of those).
Cowmmunion

Postby Kethmil » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:15 am

Tx a lot for the info.

Will try to gather up some more equipment for being able to do such changes without having to reforge/regem on every fight.
Kethmil

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice