fuzzygeek wrote:(...) when Landslide procs, it is guaranteed to give you 1000 AP for 12 seconds. When Windwalk procs, while it guarantees 2% dodge (before DR) for ten seconds, you may still eat every incoming hit.
I find procs that may be completely ineffectual distasteful.
Even Landslide's 1000 AP is effective only if you actually manage to hit your target in that 12s window. Granted, missing every attack in those 12s, whilst sitting at 0 hit/exp, is an unlikely occurrence. However, it
can happen. LS/WW are both stochastic, using terms such as "guaranteed benefit" is an exercise in futility.
fuzzygeek wrote:Why is your dataset truncated out of curiosity? Did the other parses not use Windwalk? (I)
Also, you are exaggerating my stance or misreading me entirely if you think I'm saying "FFS Windwalk is teh suckz." I'm not playing that card, and I reject your implication that I am, nor do I see what any of your queries have to do with this particular discussion thread. (II)
Let me spell out my argument: (snip) (III)
I. Some of them used LS, some of them were from FR/DE/RU/TW realms.
II. There's no reason to get defensive. I was simply pointing out that your empirical observations (WW's ~10% uptime on some encounters) do not actually refute the 30% average uptime model. And then I went on to explain how that can happen, to which you throw at a "nor do I see what any of your queries have to do with this particular discussion thread". Really ?
Moreover, you claim that "an overall uptime of ~11% (...) makes it look like complete shit" and "FFS Windwalk is teh suckz" are dissimilar. Really ?
III. I don't give a rat's arse if LS is "better" than WW, or exactly the opposite. I don't care if one can be used more effectively than the other one in the current raiding environment. I've only addressed a few mechanical misunderstandings. The burden of decision is entirely yours.
PS. You seem to have forgotten that I'm a Rogue, retired ~3y ago from WoW. Whatever catfights you Paladins like to have, they aren't exactly my cup of tea. More so when we're "fighting" with words, not numbers.