4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Yes, but the stones would give an upgrade avenue to VP purchased items without cluttering the loot table. There is no heroic level cloak, nor neck, nor relic.

I am all for smaller loot tables; I thought the Stones were a brilliant compromise.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Senet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:27 pm

I think I'm going relic and cloak.

I have about 3.21% of ctc I can shuffle around and I'm not in much heroic gear from Firelands so for me it's going to be more important to go for those early BiS to stack up my health and stats a bit more while not sacrificing much. Also going towards the exp and hit now to help out dps slowly not all at once until I get a few more pieces.

I'm debating now I have my 4 piece still from tier12 it's not a huge gain anymore really I'm in the when do I trade it off time. We had shoulders drop from Morchok last night and I passed them up to my warrior offtank since he needed them more but now that I know I have so much spare mastery to play with and should I have just grabbed them up and broke my 4 piece.

I think in general I'm just waiting to switch up piece for piece as I can with a determined list of items that's going to better fit my gains over the course of progression.
Senet

Postby Valour » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:39 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Yes, but the stones would give an upgrade avenue to VP purchased items without cluttering the loot table. There is no heroic level cloak, nor neck, nor relic.

I am all for smaller loot tables; I thought the Stones were a brilliant compromise.

Completely agree!

While the droprate was indeed too low in FL, the concept was logical and awesome. It's always an uncomfortable decision process when you need to weight a properly-itemized lower ilvl piece with a poorly-itemized higher ilvl piece, and such a decision always leaves me wondering "Hmmm... did I make the right call?" lol.

Some of the items this tier are ridiculous, like cloak/neck having no viable alternatives from raiding? And yet at the same time, no possible way to upgrade them to heroic ilvl...

I suppose I'm coming at this with a "I raid heroics so I deserve to fill every slot with ilvl 410!" mentality, which may be wrong of me. But hey, give us at least 2 options to every slot, don't just stick us with a 397 VP item and call it a day! lol :)

---

Regarding the order, I'm not sure yet but I think cloak/relic are very solid first choices. You can't argue with getting the pieces that have no alternatives, since you know you'll be using them for the rest of the expansion.
Heroic Boss Kill Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ValourWoW
Valour

Postby Kihra » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:52 pm

My tinfoil hat theory is that the filler boss (the Halion of this expansion) will fill in the Cloak and Neck holes. :)
Kihra

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:42 am

Supposedly there won't be a filler boss. Not that Blizz ever goes back on their claims or anything... :roll:
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:30 am

If there is a filler boss, I'd expect N'zoth.
Jeremoot

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:31 am

Skye1013 wrote:Supposedly there won't be a filler boss. Not that Blizz ever goes back on their claims or anything... :roll:

I really liked Ruby Sanctum from last expansion. I was so tired of seeing the icy blue walls of Icecrown that it was a welcome distraction. Pretty too.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:32 am

I still haven't seen the inside of RS. For that matter, I haven't seen the 2nd half (last 3rd?) of ICC.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:46 am

I've been inside RS, for one night of failed attempts. Never been back.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby parmy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Supposedly there won't be a filler boss. Not that Blizz ever goes back on their claims or anything... :roll:

I really liked Ruby Sanctum from last expansion. I was so tired of seeing the icy blue walls of Icecrown that it was a welcome distraction. Pretty too.

I'll bet there will be a new boss, sort of an intro to the next expansion... and he'll only drop pants.

Not sure why my old guild didn't like RS, we went in, killed him.. got the t-shirt and never went back.
Parmy,
Prot Pally, main tank of Veni Vidi Intereo.
parmy

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:00 am

parmy wrote:
Not sure why my old guild didn't like RS, we went in, killed him.. got the t-shirt and never went back.

We got the kill for everyone since there were some possible upgrades, but in the end, everyone decided they'd rather finish up heroic ICC or finish off drakes (can't remember which it was at that point.) Much to my dismay I might add, I still wanted to keep clearing out RS every week, if only for the change of scenery.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

The only interesting thing out of RS for me was that sexy armor trinket (which I never got). I think at that point we were 11/12H ICC and already had our drakes, but we still didn't bother with RS.
Jeremoot

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Fenrìr wrote:Honestly, I've been mulling over this for a few days now and actually retyped this post several times. >.>

But I think I'm going to do Relic > Ring > Cloak.

That's exactly what I'm doing, I didn't get enough firestones to upgrade relic/ring so they are my first choices. I'm using 391 rhyolith cloak with agility, so its by next slot to upgrade.
d07.RiV

Postby Awyndel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:10 am

Yeah I rerun those numbers on the pvp cloak vs the valor cloak. I prolly forgot the gemslot. It seems the valor cloak is only a couple points below the pvp one on stamina/ctc. Considering the amount of avoidance and expertise you win I could see why the valor one is preferable. I will probably buy it later since the pvp cloak will last me for now.

I also ran the numbers on the haste/mastery gloves. It seems they are a straight downgrade to my 391 gloves. Tier gloves are also pretty bad. I will prolly wait for heroic tier gloves.

As far as necks go, I actually think the one from a firestone is better. Unless you're way overcapping on mastery. Thank you blizzard for sending me back to firelands, I kind of expected this to happen.

Looks like the belt is a sidegrade to the 391 belt. But it does have more avoidance. It could last us untill the heroic belt drops. I would buy it last, after the cloak.

Once again I might use different numbers then most ppl. Because I want to cap with as much health as possible. Avoidance gets slightly undervalued in that method.
Awyndel

Postby degre » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 am

On the pvp vs valor cloak the general consensus seems to be that the VP one is better, is just that the PvP is a valid alternative that can be acquired in a few days ad interim and allows you to spend your first VP on other gear, without really trying I've done already some 5/600 conquest points and I plan on getting the rest over the weekend, which means that come Monday I'll have upgraded with VP relic, VP neck and PvP cloak, while if I went for relic and cloak I'll have only two bits and I'll have to wait 2 weeks for the third bit.

To be fair I've even started considering not getting the cloak for a good while, as while I find it extremely interesting, getting the PvP one and then focusing my VPs on belt and bracers seems a better idea, as I would be able to get hose instead of the normal versions and save DKPs for set gear.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice