Souldrinker vs. Hand of Morchok

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Re: Souldrinker vs. Hand of Morchok

Postby Kihra » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:39 pm

daishan wrote:Hey, i'm a bit of a nub when it comes to world of logs but here's a parse from earlyer with and without the seal of insight glyph http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0iafztgm71yj0s5o/

I am guessing that it's Earth and Moon from a boomkin (8% spell damage).

It is applied at:

[17:35:33.799] Raider's Training Dummy afflicted by Earth and Moon from Naizu

And kept up for the rest of your log. Probably had nothing to do with Seal of Insight.
Kihra

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Well, the 6979 is 8% more than the 6461; SoI glyph should add only 5%, unless there's another weird interaction somewhere.

I still haven't been able to replicate any increase with SoI glyph.

I don't know about a drive by kings either, since for 6979 he'd need a base 219371 hp (+16,258 (8%) over his base 203113), and Kings is only 5%.

Edit: and Kihra found it.

I WANT MY FIFTEEN MINUTES OF MY LIFE BACK. :twisted:
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:49 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Well, the 6979 is 8% more than the 6461; SoI glyph should add only 5%, unless there's another weird interaction somewhere.

I still haven't been able to replicate any increase with SoI glyph.

I don't know about a drive by kings either, since for 6979 he'd need a base 219371 hp (+16,258 (8%) over his base 203113), and Kings is only 5%.

See my previous post. It was Earth and Moon.
Kihra

Postby daishan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Bah good spot the change in healing just coincided with me changing the glyph so well I didn't check dummy de buffs
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:37 am

Based on those numbers I am inclined to agree that Souldrinker is worthwhile. But I don't find the stamina figures I mentioned earlier to be outlandish; most will be upgrading from 391 Mandible at the very least, forcing a lot of regemming. Obviously you would never use Hand of Morchok if you couldn't convert the mastery.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
Falling off the wagon since WoD release...
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Kihra » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:28 am

PsiVen wrote:Based on those numbers I am inclined to agree that Souldrinker is worthwhile. But I don't find the stamina figures I mentioned earlier to be outlandish; most will be upgrading from 391 Mandible at the very least, forcing a lot of regemming. Obviously you would never use Hand of Morchok if you couldn't convert the mastery.

Yeah, given that Heroic Morchok is essentially a loot pinata, people with much lower gear levels may actually be confronted with the 403 vs. 410 choice, so in that sense you're right.
Kihra

Postby fafhrd » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:41 pm

FWIW, the heal doesn't stack Corruption during the Purple Ooze phases of Heroic Yorsajh, so amounts to quite a lot of self healing in very short amounts of time for the fight.

Looking through the logs for some of our longer attempts (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dczr ... DTYPE_HEAL) it frequently does stuff like heal 40k in 8 seconds with no overheal, proccing every few seconds throughout the fight.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Varil » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Got the 410 Morchok last night to replace my 378 Mandible. Will see how it goes on later HC's.
Haven't seen a souldrink drop yet though.
Varil

Postby Juugimus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:08 am

I used the Souldrinker on Heroic Baleroc and the proc was affected by the extra health. It did 23% of my overall damage and 12% of my healing with an average heal of 26K.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bcj3 ... 431&e=2755

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:13 am

haha, thats hilarious.
You also get like 20-30% more health on the deathwing encounter, it surely wont do that much, but still, moar dps!
Treck

Postby fafhrd » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Yeah on DW it gets triple buffed, with 20% more health, 20% more damage, and I think 20% more healing.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby degre » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm not sure about the healing, as the healing buff is a buff to the healers, so healing done, while as far as I've understood the souldrinker is boosted instead by receiving buffs like divinity or field dressing.

So you can boost the received heal but the one produced remain the same.

I hope I'm making sense, I'm drunk and I shouldn't be browing forums...
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Jaitee » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Juugimus wrote:I used the Souldrinker on Heroic Baleroc and the proc was affected by the extra health. It did 23% of my overall damage and 12% of my healing with an average heal of 26K.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bcj3 ... 431&e=2755

i ended the fight with it doing a shade under 17k damage a tick iirc my total DPS at the end of the fight was something along the lines of 26k
Jaitee

Postby Jaitee » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm

degre wrote:I'm not sure about the healing, as the healing buff is a buff to the healers, so healing done, while as far as I've understood the souldrinker is boosted instead by receiving buffs like divinity or field dressing.

the madness of deathwing +20% healing is applied to everyone next time you are on it check your buff bar and look for the green dragon picture since most people do ysera first though its the first to go and its quite nice on the big adds in p2 especially if you have both adds next to each other AS can proc it twice till one dies
Jaitee

Postby degre » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Jaitee wrote:
degre wrote:I'm not sure about the healing, as the healing buff is a buff to the healers, so healing done, while as far as I've understood the souldrinker is boosted instead by receiving buffs like divinity or field dressing.

the madness of deathwing +20% healing is applied to everyone next time you are on it check your buff bar and look for the green dragon picture since most people do ysera first though its the first to go and its quite nice on the big adds in p2 especially if you have both adds next to each other AS can proc it twice till one dies

Sorry, I should have phrased it better...

I mean that Ysera buff is a buff to healing done, while the sword appears to benefit from effects causing extra healing received.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Hokahey » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 am

Treck wrote:Well, actually i just said that it might be more usefull for dpsers.

I believe it is BiS for Frost DW, and I'm willing to bet probably BiS for SMF Warriors, as well. However, I think it is more beneficial going to a Paladin or Warrior tank first. Its unlikely 1 of those specs, even while wielding 2 of them, is going to substantially outperform an appropriate 2h spec wielding the equivalent 2h weapon to justify delaying the tank's gear progression. That's just my opinion, though.
Hokahey

Postby Jeremoot » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:51 am

The mace off of Ultraxion is a fairly nice alternative too. It's agility, but it makes up for it with the large amount of expertise.

I'll end up going with that if only because I'll be passing the Morchoks to our Frost DK.

That is, until I get a Souldrinker.
Jeremoot

Postby Ocin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm actually worried about taking this from my Frost DK. He's saying the numbers are a ton higher for Souldrinker vs. Morchok, but I didn't get a chance to ask him where he was seeing the math. We also have a single-minded Fury Warrior, so that would be 4 going out to DPS before it hit the two tanks that would need them.
Ocin

Postby Lieris » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:24 pm

If you're having issues with enrage timers then definitely give the first one to the frost DK. It's a great weapon for us but a weapon upgrade doesn't make or break us like it does for DPS.

Don't pass for the warrior though, unlike the frost DK they have other options.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:16 am

Warriors can roll need on LFR on Souldrinker and get a bonus.. that's completely bullcrap..

Too bad is marked for both tank and DPS as bonus roll, on normal raid it will go to the tank no questions asked, and after the 2 tanks have it, maybe to the frost DK..

It's sad how many weapons and even some other gear is marked as DPS, say a ring with hit/expertise + mastery = DPS only item.. they went all out in marking all weapons useful for tank/dps and get bonus but not the way around..
djlar

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am

The CTC is easy to make up with VP items. The Relic is Mastery heavy, and there is a Mastery trinket. I have consistently lost LFR Souldrinkers to DKs :( but I will keep farming for it, it will probably be a few weeks before my tank gets a Normal Mode Madness kill, given that raid tends to be only 3 or so hours once per week. but my tank only ahs a 378 weapon, so even the LFR Souldinker would be nice if I could get it.

The first time I lost it to a 'frost' DK, I was pissed. I mean sure the proc can do extra dmg for a dps, but the heal is frequently going to be wasted for them outside of AOE environments.

At the end of the day though, I'm more annoyed at how things are coded than by how people role. That DKs can get a role bonus on Agi items is especially annoying. I role on anything and everything I think is an upgrade. And actually, in LFR on my mage, this one DK won both Tier helms (I rolled on both too), so I whispered him if he didn't need both if I could have one, and he Traded it to me :)
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 am

Hrobertgar wrote: I mean sure the proc can do extra dmg for a dps, but the heal is frequently going to be wasted for them outside of AOE environments.

I'd say the 5 to 8k heal the souldrinker gives, can be regarded as 'noise' or more healers overheal for both tank and dps.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Ocin » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:41 pm

djlar wrote:Warriors can roll need on LFR on Souldrinker and get a bonus.. that's completely bullcrap..

There's a lot of single-minded fury warriors that can use them, so that's not too bad.

I ran a LFR with no DKs and a greedy ret/holy pally needed on it...I've taken to not expecting loot at all with this broken system.
Ocin

Postby Treck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:53 am

Like i said before, i observed souldrinker dmg to stand for about 3% dmg done (this was for multiple warriors)
Seems like we have the explanation for seeing 5-6%dmg on parses for paladins, with seal of truth also proccing it, giving you twice the ammount of chances it could procc with.
Treck

Postby Zobel » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:27 am

Treck wrote:Seems like we have the explanation for seeing 5-6%dmg on parses for paladins, with seal of truth also proccing it, giving you twice the ammount of chances it could procc with.

And that was just nerfed:
The bug was with Seal of Truth, so Souldrinker will proc less for paladins as well.

Censure was not proccing the weapon. Seal of truth was, and this caused ret to have double the chance to proc it on melee attacks. This is what they are fixing.

No amount of latching on to the accidental use of the word censure will change that. There is a reason it was worded as "double the proc chance," because melee attack + seal was the problem. Censure triggering the weapon wouldn't even add that many procs to be an issue.

The specific bug was that paladins running Seal of Truth had two chances with every swing to trigger the proc with Gurthalak or Souldrinker. They now have one chance.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2153 ... than-dwtr/
Last edited by Zobel on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zobel

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice