Remove Advertisements

Souldrinker vs. Hand of Morchok

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Souldrinker vs. Hand of Morchok

Postby Kihra » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:39 pm

daishan wrote:Hey, i'm a bit of a nub when it comes to world of logs but here's a parse from earlyer with and without the seal of insight glyph http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0iafztgm71yj0s5o/

I am guessing that it's Earth and Moon from a boomkin (8% spell damage).

It is applied at:

[17:35:33.799] Raider's Training Dummy afflicted by Earth and Moon from Naizu

And kept up for the rest of your log. Probably had nothing to do with Seal of Insight.
Kihra

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Well, the 6979 is 8% more than the 6461; SoI glyph should add only 5%, unless there's another weird interaction somewhere.

I still haven't been able to replicate any increase with SoI glyph.

I don't know about a drive by kings either, since for 6979 he'd need a base 219371 hp (+16,258 (8%) over his base 203113), and Kings is only 5%.

Edit: and Kihra found it.

I WANT MY FIFTEEN MINUTES OF MY LIFE BACK. :twisted:
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:49 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Well, the 6979 is 8% more than the 6461; SoI glyph should add only 5%, unless there's another weird interaction somewhere.

I still haven't been able to replicate any increase with SoI glyph.

I don't know about a drive by kings either, since for 6979 he'd need a base 219371 hp (+16,258 (8%) over his base 203113), and Kings is only 5%.

See my previous post. It was Earth and Moon.
Kihra

Postby daishan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Bah good spot the change in healing just coincided with me changing the glyph so well I didn't check dummy de buffs
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:37 am

Based on those numbers I am inclined to agree that Souldrinker is worthwhile. But I don't find the stamina figures I mentioned earlier to be outlandish; most will be upgrading from 391 Mandible at the very least, forcing a lot of regemming. Obviously you would never use Hand of Morchok if you couldn't convert the mastery.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Kihra » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:28 am

PsiVen wrote:Based on those numbers I am inclined to agree that Souldrinker is worthwhile. But I don't find the stamina figures I mentioned earlier to be outlandish; most will be upgrading from 391 Mandible at the very least, forcing a lot of regemming. Obviously you would never use Hand of Morchok if you couldn't convert the mastery.

Yeah, given that Heroic Morchok is essentially a loot pinata, people with much lower gear levels may actually be confronted with the 403 vs. 410 choice, so in that sense you're right.
Kihra

Postby fafhrd » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:41 pm

FWIW, the heal doesn't stack Corruption during the Purple Ooze phases of Heroic Yorsajh, so amounts to quite a lot of self healing in very short amounts of time for the fight.

Looking through the logs for some of our longer attempts (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dczr ... DTYPE_HEAL) it frequently does stuff like heal 40k in 8 seconds with no overheal, proccing every few seconds throughout the fight.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Varil » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Got the 410 Morchok last night to replace my 378 Mandible. Will see how it goes on later HC's.
Haven't seen a souldrink drop yet though.
Varil

Postby Juugimus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:08 am

I used the Souldrinker on Heroic Baleroc and the proc was affected by the extra health. It did 23% of my overall damage and 12% of my healing with an average heal of 26K.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bcj3 ... 431&e=2755

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:13 am

haha, thats hilarious.
You also get like 20-30% more health on the deathwing encounter, it surely wont do that much, but still, moar dps!
Treck

Postby fafhrd » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Yeah on DW it gets triple buffed, with 20% more health, 20% more damage, and I think 20% more healing.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby degre » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm not sure about the healing, as the healing buff is a buff to the healers, so healing done, while as far as I've understood the souldrinker is boosted instead by receiving buffs like divinity or field dressing.

So you can boost the received heal but the one produced remain the same.

I hope I'm making sense, I'm drunk and I shouldn't be browing forums...
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Jaitee » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Juugimus wrote:I used the Souldrinker on Heroic Baleroc and the proc was affected by the extra health. It did 23% of my overall damage and 12% of my healing with an average heal of 26K.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bcj3 ... 431&e=2755

i ended the fight with it doing a shade under 17k damage a tick iirc my total DPS at the end of the fight was something along the lines of 26k
Jaitee

Postby Jaitee » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm

degre wrote:I'm not sure about the healing, as the healing buff is a buff to the healers, so healing done, while as far as I've understood the souldrinker is boosted instead by receiving buffs like divinity or field dressing.

the madness of deathwing +20% healing is applied to everyone next time you are on it check your buff bar and look for the green dragon picture since most people do ysera first though its the first to go and its quite nice on the big adds in p2 especially if you have both adds next to each other AS can proc it twice till one dies
Jaitee

Postby degre » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Jaitee wrote:
degre wrote:I'm not sure about the healing, as the healing buff is a buff to the healers, so healing done, while as far as I've understood the souldrinker is boosted instead by receiving buffs like divinity or field dressing.

the madness of deathwing +20% healing is applied to everyone next time you are on it check your buff bar and look for the green dragon picture since most people do ysera first though its the first to go and its quite nice on the big adds in p2 especially if you have both adds next to each other AS can proc it twice till one dies

Sorry, I should have phrased it better...

I mean that Ysera buff is a buff to healing done, while the sword appears to benefit from effects causing extra healing received.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice