4.3 Prep.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: 4.3 Prep.

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:13 am

degre wrote:As far as I remember LFR can be run multiple times and you get loot locked only if you loot something

Can anyone verify this from patch notes or the PTR? I realize it probably won't take long to figure that out once the patch hits, but it would be nice to know before I end up wasting my time running something that I'm loot locked for.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 am

You get locked for loot the first time you kill a boss, you don't have to receive anything.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby degre » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 am

KysenMurrin wrote:You get locked for loot the first time you kill a boss, you don't have to receive anything.

Ok, this isn't what I've understood then, this way makes no sense being able to run it multiple times if I'm loot locked.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Zobel » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:32 am

degre wrote:Ok, this isn't what I've understood then, this way makes no sense being able to run it multiple times if I'm loot locked.

I can think of a few reasons:
  • For rep;
  • To help your guildies who also want to queue;
  • To try to get past the early bosses to the later ones (where your prior raid failed) and might still get loot.
The last one obviously doesn't apply if you've downed Deathwing that week.
Zobel

Postby kirihara » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 am

Like the dungeon finder, you can enter in a raid in progress. So, you can queue again to get the early bosses or to kill the bosses you cant kill because of a fail group.
kirihara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah, they pretty much had to let you get multiple runs for drops because they don't expect random groups to succeed as often. It's the answer to the problem that made VoA groups refuse to kill more than the newest boss - even if people needed the loot, the chance that you'd fail on Emalon was high with pugs, and you'd not be able to get a new group to finish off if you were saved to one or two bosses.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby nekkehd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 am

Zalaria wrote:
degre wrote:
Crimsonheart wrote:anyone notice if there is a tanking weapon, other then the one off final mob in 4.3...I saw a crit mastery 1h str axe...but no other weapon.

Souldrinker

Crimsonheart wrote:other then the one off final mob in 4.3

There doesn't seem to be one. We can use the mastery/crit axe or expertise/haste mace, but they're not really tanking weapons.

This is probably late but got a drop last night for a tank wpn upgrade mastery and dodge and stam and str lost a bit of parry.
nekkehd

Postby lythac » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:35 am

degre wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:You get locked for loot the first time you kill a boss, you don't have to receive anything.

Ok, this isn't what I've understood then, this way makes no sense being able to run it multiple times if I'm loot locked.

There is another thing you can do -
I tank on my warrior, you tank on your paladin all of the tanking loot goes to your paladin.
I tank on my paladin, you tank on your paladin all the tanking loot goes to my paladin.

With two tanks signing up for two runs easy to grab some guildie healers to heal us reducing the chance of fail.

Everyone wins.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby nekkehd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:23 pm

nekkehd

Postby degre » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:20 am

lythac wrote:
degre wrote:

There is another thing you can do -
I tank on my warrior, you tank on your paladin all of the tanking loot goes to your paladin.
I tank on my paladin, you tank on your paladin all the tanking loot goes to my paladin.

With two tanks signing up for two runs easy to grab some guildie healers to heal us reducing the chance of fail.

Everyone wins.

Are you busy on Sunday? :mrgreen:
degre

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:03 am

Is anyone else having problems with the mature language filter resetting itself on multiple characters? I turn it off, relog, and it's back on again. >.<
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:15 am

They know you are a dame and don't want you to see this crude language Image
degre

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 am

*I'm* the one swearing and not able to see my own words!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:58 am

Nikachelle wrote:*I'm* the one swearing and not able to see my own words!

If you exit the game while logged in via a hard program exit, alt-F4 for Windows or Command-Option-Q for Mac, it should retain the setting.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby lythac » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 am

degre wrote:Are you busy on Sunday? :mrgreen:

Think so. I have no time anymore.

Given the ease of LFR grabbing two tanks for it seems to just get more loot for the players rather than fail-proofing it.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice