[Ret} Gear help...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

[Ret} Gear help...

Postby poptart » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:07 am

Hey all,

I just switched my off-spec from PvP Holy to Ret. My order of business was to buy the Item Level 358 PvP blue gear that has slowly been getting replaced with JP gear, Avengers of Hyjal rep, a 365 weapon, BoE strenght trinkets and soon to be VP gear since I am about to purchase my last piece of Primary Spec PvE Holy gear next week.

My weak spots continue to be helm and shoulder. Without a drop somewhere in Tier-11 (which I don't have time to do) or current Tier-12 (which I am very low priority for since I don't raid on my off-spec), are there any better non-raid drop choices out there for the helm and shoulder spots?

I know that there is a 365 helm drop off the Headless Horseman event this October but is there any other upgrade I can do right now?

Poptart
poptart

Re: [Ret} Gear help...

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:22 am

371 pvp helm + shoulders aren't a terrible choice. Two piece set bonus (+70 str) compensates quite a lot for the wasted resilience. If you can stand to get hold of someone to cap conq points with for 3 weeks you can get the 384 ones instead.
Rhiannon

Postby lythac » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:53 am

There are 353 options from ZA/ZG that will be better than the 358 crafted PvP. As Rhiannon said, the 371 PvP combo is a decent option but when you break the combo and lose the bonus, the item you are left with drops below the 353.

What is your current prot helm and have you banked an old prot helm? Both of the non tier helms from T11 content are decent enough to use. Dragon Bone suffers from having its strength reduced and Daybreaker has an avoidance stat (though can be reforged).
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby poptart » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:52 am

lythac wrote:What is your current prot helm and have you banked an old prot helm?

Main spec is Holy. Old Off Spec was Holy PvP. Methinks those helms are none too good for Ret! :D

Yeah, I am picking up a piece here and there of Firelands Prot/Ret gear (Theck's ring, "tanking" boots from Rhyolith, 384 Stam/Str/Crit ring from BH) but I have no Str-based helm to choose from.

Good call on the 371 gear. I am buying Tier-11 Ret gloves with JP now (30 JP short, getting today) and after that, I will start targeting the 371 for Helm and Shoulders.

I knew they were good for bears; I guess they are good for Ret as well.

Zuls? Shudder, I am tired of those dang places.

Poptart
poptart

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice