Remove Advertisements

Increasing damage done

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Increasing damage done

Postby BlackNet » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:38 am

Lets say I was on a raid boss or doing a dungeon, etc.. and I wanted to throw on some gear of any flavor to increase my damage done single target. What gear would be good for that? stam/hit/expertise for that?

Have been playing with [Heart of Rage] and [License to Slay] as I have both, I have found with license reforged to mastery that gives some pretty good ctc. Is there any other items or stats I should look at for this? What would be really nice is hit block cap, expertise cap and hit cap in the same gear set (or very close to it)
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Re: Increasing damage done

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:43 am

Old gear that you replaced with new gear can be reforged and regemmed to threat pieces when needed. Quick and dirty ways would be finding threat/mastery items and using those.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby econ21 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 am

I think you've answered your own question - get hit and expertise capped - as presumably you've read this post:

viewtopic.php?p=593315#p593315

There is quite a difference between wanting to increase damage on a raid boss and increase it in a dungeon though. For a dungeon, you could probably do alright capping hit and expertise for L85 mobs, which is easy to do. For a raid, you'd have to make much bigger survivability sacrifices to cap vs L87. For a dungeon, vengeance will be lower so strength will be much more important than stamina. For a raid, Theck's numbers imply they are close enough not to bother. To burn through a dungeon, ProtPvP gear would be good or even better ret gear, gemmed for strength and enchanted for damage. You'll have virtually no CTC, but a good healer could keep you up (not sure about the Zuls).

The two trinkets you mention look very useful for your purpose, I agree. Good for your caps and stack up our best primary threat stat.

For dungeons, I just swop out a stamina trinket for licence to slay and add in a couple of pieces of gear with expertise.
econ21

Postby BlackNet » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 am

working with both I find the license is a far superior trink, the proc uptime is way good, i could rarely get heart of rage to proc for me. Even with these 2 and various food buff's etc the dps still did not go up much at all.
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice