having threat problems

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

having threat problems

Postby needmrbutter » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi i am a pally tank form back in wotlk and i have just gotten back into wow i have been 85 for a day and it seems all the dps i have been getting in Za and Zg pull off me with out trying Death Knights really seem to have my number i have to talk to my brother who as been playing a pally tank since vinilla but he is lost on what i am doing wrong hoping you guys can help me out thanks for your time.ps i am going back nad questng hyjal for the firelands rep gear to unlock the dailys after work .

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... ter/simple

thank you for your time
needmrbutter

Re: having threat problems

Postby ezion » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:02 pm

It can be difficult to hold agro against DKs, warriors and ferals sometimes. Make sure you keep Inquisition up on AOE pulls, use Hammer of the Righteous and Avenger's Shield on cooldown and Consecration if you have plenty of mana. Also try to save 3 holy power when the mobs you are fighting are about to die, so you can have a 3 point inquisition for the next group.

Your spec is missing Judgements of the Just which is quite a lot of damage reduction. There is a post on specs here. I recommend this one for threat. Consider adding Glyph of Consecration and Glyph of Hammer of Justice. For 5 mans I would use Glyph of Holy Wrath, since the stun is quite useful.

You also want to run your character through http://www.askmrrobot.com which will tell you what to reforge/gem to make you more survivable. As you can see here, you are missing a lot of Enchants and reforges which will boost you're defensive stats considerably.
ezion

Postby needmrbutter » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:28 pm

thanks for your help i know i am lacking enchats and reforging and my spec is a little off but i dont seem to get hit very hard in 5 mans heroics and its more of my single target threat that is off.if got anymore ideas of stuff i could try i am down to listen and learn.
needmrbutter

Postby ezion » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:41 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31912 would be a good place to start. I'm guessing you're rotation is a bit off so that section could be useful.

For 5 mans I found it useful to gear for expertise and hit. 26 expertise and 8% hit help a lot with keeping mobs on you, but only do it if you can cope with the extra damage you'll take.

Usually, threat is only an issue for the first 10-20 seconds of a fight while Vengeance stacks up and after that you shouldn't have any problems. Start with Divine plea and Avenging wrath to get a boost at the start of the fight.
ezion

Postby needmrbutter » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 pm

i am hoping it is something as simple as a changing my spec and reforging my gear and getting the jps tank ring thank you for your time you have been alot of help on this topic.
needmrbutter

Postby Arincia » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:21 pm

for 5 mans 24 exp and 6% hit cap you out tho you will see the greatest threat jump with just getting exp around 24 (caped for heroic 5 man bosses).
Arincia

Postby needmrbutter » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:23 pm

than you gents for your advice it was very helpfull
needmrbutter

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice