How you guys playing after CTC-cap?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: How you guys playing after CTC-cap?

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:47 pm

BlackNet wrote:After reading Ghostcrawlers entry today I am more inspired to reach for that block cap + expertise cap + hit cap in that order. Added stamina would surely help with that but with the current gear setup in game I am not to sure that's easily obtainable.

Even with being 'block capped' we still take unmitigated damage from trash which begs to question the heavy mastery setup.

Hard expertise cap or dodge expertise cap? I actually have a comedy hard expertise cap set, and yes, it does require you to do some horrible things to make that happen.

I have a dodge/hit cap set that costs me 8% avoidance, which I could make up with food and elixirs, so it is not terribly difficult to hit hit/xpt/block caps.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby BlackNet » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:31 pm

well I am sick of seeing the block, parry, dodge, miss on raid bosses. that's 20% MORE damage that I can do. I am logged out in my expertise+block set now, I am 25 expertise and 1.5% shy from block but it's damned close.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arygos/Blacknet/advanced
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Postby Tamarins » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:25 pm

BlackNet wrote:After reading Ghostcrawlers entry today I am more inspired to reach for that block cap + expertise cap + hit cap in that order. Added stamina would surely help with that but with the current gear setup in game I am not to sure that's easily obtainable.

I understand that, as you've said, it's frustrating seeing attacks miss, and (rarely) even dangerous if it happens at the start of the fight and DPS risk peeling. It's frustrating to me, too. Even so, we have to gear with the mindset of making ourselves the most successful for the fight, not for making ourselves feel better because our attacks are landing. Ghostcrawler's post has me less interested in threat stats than I've ever been, and while I mean no offense, it kind of boggles my mind to hear someone say, "ooh, now I'm DEFINITELY going for threat stats!" Does this strike anyone else as odd, or am I missing something? As far as I can tell, hit and expertise are going to be almost completely useless for the rest of the tier now.

Yes, I understand that increasing tank damage output helps meet strict enrage timers, but as a rule of thumb I think that's the DPS's job and not something that should guide our gearing strategy.

Any other opinions on the value of threat stats in the light of the threat change would be much appreciated.
Tamarins

Postby BlackNet » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Indeed so. I am also trying to think ahead, I have seen a great number of times when it was just the healer and I alive and my dps was not high enough to finish the fight, so I would like to see hit cap and expertise cap, even if they change it so that would trigger the avoidance stuff would be a sweet way to go.
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice