Gear Sets

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Gear Sets

Postby Weru » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Just wondering what mix of gear sets other ProtPallys are using?
Currently I have a MaxAvoidance, a MaxHP, and a ThreatSet.
ImageImage
Weru

Re: Gear Sets

Postby econ21 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:05 pm

With 4.2 incoming, I have re-evaluated my gearsets and can't see much use in them. I only have 359 gear, but almost all the variation I would use would come down to trinket swops.

With my standard survival gear, I can get more or less hit and soft expertise capped against L85 mobs (i.e. most 5 man trash) by just substituting in a hit trinket. I don't see much point in having a threat set for higher level foes (i.e. 5 man bosses and raids).

For wotlk, I created a "dps tank" gearset for facerolling heroics which was great fun, but I am not sure it is worth duplicating that now. If you PUG a 5 man, you still might end up struggling and I would feel silly dying just to boost my dps meter as a tank. Maybe a project at the tail end of 4.3 or something.

I did have fun inadvertently doing Ahune in my ProtPVP gear, however.
econ21

Re: Gear Sets

Postby boneyjellyfish » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:08 pm

I have a prot set and a ret set. My threat set basically consists of my ret set plus different trinkets. It works out well since ret has such a strong emphasis on mastery, so I still have a pretty respectable amount of parry and block.
boneyjellyfish

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice