Remove Advertisements

Firelands 378 Tank Gear List

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Firelands 378 Tank Gear List

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:16 am

So this is basically a full 378 Item list.. Not saying necessarily BiS (since that varies depending on what you have/get).. Just saying this is a list of the tank-shaped objects of 378 item level, and where you get them. This should help you decide what to do going into Firelands.

The numbering is just a guide to show you the best CTC options, but that does not mean that item is the "best" for the slot (especially since you can not get 4 piece without sacrifice.)

Notes:
- Some items listed have no reported drop locations on mmo or wowhead's news, nor comments as far as I can tell and may be like Heroic trash items -- i.e. not in the game. They are listed in case they are 'found', but are always listed as "ALT" pieces
- For tier, you have to pick which piece you feel is best because I'm not arguing that here -- That said, Hands and Legs appear to be strong leaders for 2 set.
- To save issues, bosses "2-4" are listed as such, I'm not using this thread to determine "order" of kills.

Note: All items have parenthesis after them denoting their secondary stats.. e.g. p/h = parry/hit, d/m = dodge/mastery. In basically all cases.. hit and expertise (h or e) are de-valued and boosting the OTHER stat (m, d, or p)

This list is geared towards tanks getting ready -- and up to -- killing Ragnaros. Once you're killing Rag this list becomes obsolete, obviously. To facilitate moving to Heroics, I (plan to) marked with a " * " items that can be upgraded with Crystallized Firestone (Note: Actually not done yet, I need to investigate the items more)

Helm:
1. Helm of Blazing Glory (p/m) - Baleroc (5th boss)
2. (alt) Immolation Faceguard (p/e) - Token location unknown (?)

Neck:
1. Stoneheart Necklace (p/m) - 1250 Valor Points
2*. (alt?) Firebound Gorget (e/m) - Unknown Source
3. (alt/365) Fireheart Necklace (e/m) - Should (?) be promptly obtainable

Shoulders:
1. Spaulders of Recurring Flame (d/p) - Alysrazor (2-4th boss)
2. (alt) Immolation Shoulderguards (h/m) - Token Location Unknown (?)

Cloak:
1. Mantle of Patience(365) (d/m) - Quest reward
2. Durable Flamewrath Greatcloak (p/h) - Avengers of Hyjal (Friendly)

Chest:
1. Carapace of Imbibed Flame (d/m) - Beth'tilac (1st boss)
2. (alt) Immolation Chestguard (d/p) - 2200 VP

Wrist:
1. Bracers of the Fiery Path (p/m) - Majordomo Staghelm (6th boss)
2. (alt) Gigantiform Bracers (h/m) - 1250 Valor Points
3. (alt?) Bracers of Regal Force (d/p) - Unknown Source

Hands:
1. Immolation Handguards (d/m) - 1650 VP
2. (alt) Eternal Elementium Handguards (p/m) - Crafted, Smithing Plans (Breakdown: 40 Volatile Earth/Fire. 4 Living Ember. 3 Chaos Orbs. 200 Elementium Ore)
3. (alt) Fireskin Gauntlets (h/m) - Lord Rhyolith (2-4th boss) (Poor choice, more geared to DPS with a red +10 hit socket)

Waist/Belt:
1. Girdle of the Indomitable Flame (d/p) - Avengers (Honored)
2. (alt) Uncrushable Belt of Fury (e/m) - Shannox (2-4th Boss)

Legs:
1. Immolation Legguards (p/m) - 2200 VP
2. (alt) Legplates of Frenzied Devotion (d/p) - Shannox (2-4th boss)
3. (alt) Lavaworm Legplates (h/m) - Alysrazor (More geared to DPS, not mastery-favoring)

Boots:
1. Mirrored Boots (p/m) - Crafted (Breakdown: 4 embers, 3 chaos orbs, 40 volatile Fire, 40 Volatile Earth, 200 Elementium Ore)
2. (alt) Cracked Obsidian Stompers (d/e) - Lord Rhyolith (2-4th boss) (Don't pass on these if you're nearing Heroics, these are upgraded, not crafted)
3. (alt/365) Pyrelord Greaves (d/p) - Should (?) be promptly obtainable

Rings:
Deflecting Brimstone Band (d/m) - 1250 Valor Points
* Theck's Emberseal (d/h) - Unknown Location
Adamantine Signet of the Avengers (d/h) - Avengers (Exalted, actually 391 ilvl, not 378)

Weapon(s):
1. Mandible of Beth'tilac (d/m) - Beth'tilac (1st boss)
2*. (alt?) Obsidium Cleaver (h/m) - Unknown Source

Shield:
1. Shard of Torment (d/p) - Baleroc - Only option

Relic
1*. Deathclutch Figurine (d/p) - 700 Valor Points

Trinkets---
Stay of Execution (Dodge / on use shield/dot) - Avengers of Hyjal Revered
Essence of the Eternal Flame (Mastery / on use Str) - Avengers of Hyjal Revered
Spidersilk Spindle (383 Mastery / 35% cause 17k shield/60 sec) - Beth'tilac (1st boss)
* Scales of Life (Base Stam, Stores overhealing, on use: up to 17k heal/"1 min")

Battlearmor of Immolation:
Chest - [Immolation Chestguard] (d/p) - 2200 VP
Hands - [Immolation Handguards] (d/m) - 1650 VP
Legs - [Immolation Legguards] (p/m) - 2200 VP
Helm - [Immolation Faceguard] (p/e) -
Shoulder - [Immolation Shoulderguards] (h/m)

Thanks to:
Digren -- A few 365 pieces worth noting going into firelands.
TheHolyCow -- Information on 365 quests
Last edited by Sur-Pseudo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Sur-Pseudo

Re: Firelands 378 Tank Gear List

and before anyone yells at me >.> None of the lists in the sticky really cover firelands yet (Dirgen, which is my favorite, only has the helms listed so far).

The one off-site may have the list though, but I generally just browse here.
Last edited by Sur-Pseudo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sur-Pseudo

and just in case.
Sur-Pseudo

Postby TheHolyCow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:58 pm

The 'Thrall's Elemental Bonds' quest line has a Mastery/Dodge cloak. Probably better than the Hyjal reputation one even though it is iLevel 365.
TheHolyCow

Postby Digren » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:02 pm

For stage four raiders, the best cloak is absolutely the Mantle of Patience. Actually it's best in slot for stages 1, 2, and 3 as well. Hit 85, head to Hyjal and run the quests. Then head to the Molten Front and pick up your Fireheart Necklace too. (Though for neck the Firebound Gorget or Stoneheart Necklace are better for people with money and or grinding time.)

Unless, of course, there's an iLvl requirement on getting that quest. I haven't seen indication of that yet.
Digren

Postby TheHolyCow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm pretty sure people could pick up the Thrall quest with 346-ish average iLevel (TotalBiscuit used the character he copied over from live servers, mostly heroic blues and a few ZA/ZG wellfare epics).
TheHolyCow

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Good catch Digren, added that in there since this is really a "Getting started in firelands" gear set.

Not sure what to do about the neck though, wowhead says in comments the neck and a pair of plate boots (which are also not terrible) become available after a quest, but I do not understand the quest line / or if it requires you pick a specific 'vendor' for the new quest area. I'll research that tomorrow since MMO-champ has the list somewhere.
Sur-Pseudo

Postby Digren » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Sur-Pseudo wrote:Good catch Digren, added that in there since this is really a "Getting started in firelands" gear set.

Not sure what to do about the neck though, wowhead says in comments the neck and a pair of plate boots (which are also not terrible) become available after a quest, but I do not understand the quest line / or if it requires you pick a specific 'vendor' for the new quest area. I'll research that tomorrow since MMO-champ has the list somewhere.

The neck and boots are available immediately after starting quest in the area. There are other vendors that require additional work to unlock.

What I'm not sure about is the initial requirement to do the 4.2 solo content at all. In previous patches there's never been a requirement that tanks do older content before newer content, with the exception of normals before heroics. As this is neither normals nor heroics I don't know what to expect.
Digren

Postby TheHolyCow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:20 pm

The only prerequisite for the dailies and such in 4.2 is that players have completed the quest 'Aessina's Miracle' in Hyjal, where the goddess Aessina regrows the part of the map where the questgivers are. If memory serves correctly this is just over halfway through the zone.
TheHolyCow

Postby Digren » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:17 pm

TheHolyCow wrote:The only prerequisite for the dailies and such in 4.2 is that players have completed the quest 'Aessina's Miracle' in Hyjal, where the goddess Aessina regrows the part of the map where the questgivers are. If memory serves correctly this is just over halfway through the zone.

Good. That means that all three items are available to new tanks at stage 1, i.e. within an hour of them dinging 85. This establishes a new baseline and (most importantly) lets me drop some of the lower-level junk for those slots from the guide.

While I don't think we're there yet, at some point the stage 1 reset may be big enough to eliminate the need for stage 2. New tanks can pick up their free gear and go right into the starter heroics.
Digren

Postby Magnetic » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Wait theck got a ring named after him?
and for 4piece I'm guessing we should get hands,chest,shoulders and pants and use the off set helm
Magnetic

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah looks like it's helm that we'll pass on for 4-set.

Oddly, and unfortunately.. Spending VP on tier pieces almost feels wasteful since the 2 good pieces are obtainable from BH

The relic is an obvious solid buy, but it's a small item. The advantage is you simply can't replace it from any raid content.
The Ring is a solid buy as well, if you rush to heroics you'll probably still need this ring until you get Exalted w/Avengers.

The neck is possibly a solid buy. If you don't have a 372, you'll have a 365. So it's a minor increase for non/light-heroic T11 raiders. You also might get a trash item which is fairly close and later upgradable with the token.

It'll be difficult to judge what to do with VP... Going to be thinking on this for a few days
Sur-Pseudo

Postby Treck » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Any reason to only include 378ilvl gear? and ignoring gear from hardmodes?
Treck

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Because a 378 list is what I needed... and Digren's list was not ready yet.

I also suspect most paladins will not kill Ragnaros within the first month, by which time the super lists will all be ready and updated

So, a 378 list made sense.. if you can't kill ragnaros, its pointless to list his gear, or gear from hard modes
Sur-Pseudo

Postby Treck » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Sur-Pseudo wrote:I also suspect most paladins will not kill Ragnaros within the first month, by which time the super lists will all be ready and updated

So, a 378 list made sense.. if you can't kill ragnaros, its pointless to list his gear, or gear from hard modes

I think your overestimating how "hard" Ragnaros is.
We were 5% from killing him on PTR (with meteors and horrible horrible lag) after like, an hour?
To put that in perspective, it took us 4+ hours of "progress" on Nefarian NORMALMODE the first week.
And thats after having killed the boss on the beta (beta kill was a 2shot with missing mechanics).
If your guild got nefarian down the first months, Ragnaros should be that hard to kill, not to mention most other bosses are pretty easy if your geared appropriately.

Also, i find these kind of lists most usefull when your in a guild who might not be able to complete all content before next tier comes, but still manages a few hardmodes, when you basicly cant set a "BIS" gearlist cuz you dont have acces to all gear, but you still have acces to a lot of it.
Treck

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice