All Things Mr. Robot!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Postby theckhd » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:59 am

Seems to be working well now, at least for my character.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Torias » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:10 am

EU / Terenas / Torias here.

Since the update posted this morning things are much better than before but there still seems to be a problem with profession benefits. I'm a BS/JC, with "Prioritize CTC" selected the optimizer only sockets two Chimera's Eyes though (as you can see in the link above). Hardly a big deal, but still not flawless behavior.
Torias

Postby porked » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:43 am

So anything below T12 should use the lower-level CTC?
porked

Postby Bakey » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:44 pm

So I've been using Mr Robot for a while now, and I don't get its recommendation for my helm. I'm currently using Crown of Wings which has a +30 Dodge socket bonus. Because of this, I've chosen to socket a Fine Ember Topaz, activating the socket bonus. Mr. Robot continually recommends (using CTC preset) that I gem this for straight Mastery, which doesn't seem right. What should I do? Keep the socket bonus or go with straight Mastery?

Mr Robot link: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ ... y,CK-c11,K
Bakey

Postby theckhd » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 pm

It's because you're using the CTC presets. Every point of mastery is worth approximately 3 points of dodge or parry rating for CTC purposes. The 20 extra mastery you get from the yellow gem is worth more than the 50 doge+parry rating you get by matching the socket bonus.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby econ21 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:30 am

Bakey wrote:What should I do? Keep the socket bonus or go with straight Mastery?

It's your call, but I would keep the socket bonus. They are free stats, so I feel bad discarding them. 20 mastery vs 50 dodge/parry is rather close to the 1:3 ratio theckhd mentions for the CTC weights. And if you are running dungeons, Yappo has made a good argument for favoring melee damage reduction, where the ratio is close to 1:1.

Personally, I'd only ignore socket survivability bonuses if doing so would just get me to 102.4%, but that's seldom going to be the case.
econ21

Postby Yellowfive » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:18 am

porked wrote:So anything below T12 should use the lower-level CTC?

The "Low-Level CTC" weights are most useful for suggesting BiS gear sets at lower levels. At the T12 level, those weights aren't really necessary -- it's easy to hit the avoidance cap. At lower levels, you need to make more sacrifices and heavily favor mastery to reach it.

As far as optimizing the modifications on your gear (gems, enchants, reforges), it doesn't matter a whole lot which weights you use if you have the Prioritize CTC option turned on. That option is saying, "get me as much total avoidance as possible -- my score be damned!" The option works very well if you are already close to the cap. If you are way under it... you might consider turning it off until you get some more gear.

Torias -- I'll take a look at your character and post a fix that will ensure 3 JC gems are used. I thought I had that fixed... guess it was more like "almost" fixed.
Yellowfive

Postby Torias » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:48 am

I'll go make sure I'm in tank gear to make it easier for you, then.
Torias

Postby theckhd » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Yellowfive wrote:At the T12 level, those weights aren't really necessary -- it's easy to hit the avoidance block cap.

/petpeeve
theckhd

Postby porked » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Well here is my link current as of today the 18th of september.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ ... y,CK-c11,K

this is with the lowlevel ctc preset....any help is welcome.
porked

Postby Showania » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Are the stat weighting still correct on this? It's putting me about 1.8% under the CTC cap :< But I don't see anywhere where it would account for raid buffs either. (Kind of my first time actually using the thing, wasn't sure to trust it before :x)
Showania

Postby KnotUrDay724 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:53 am

I was a little hesitant, as it kept having me reforge Expertise and Hit to Haste, then reforge leftover (after I hit my mark on Haste) to Mastery. I am a Frost Death Knight for DPS, and Blood Tank spec, so for Frost Spec I was curious why I would want to be using Haste, since that hasn't been a primary focus stat since patch 3.x.

I noticed right away the change in output damage. I did want to play around with Crit, as I noticed with a higher crit a little, but not sure if it will play a big part. When I work my rotation correctly, it feels like theirs a higher output that's more consistent, even if not the top in Recount (for gear level, I expect that).
Stormscale - Nerrectuz - lvl 85 - Frost/Blood
KnotUrDay Blog
KnotUrDay724

Postby Koatanga » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Not sure why, but with Epic Gems set to LFR Tier 13 or higher, Mr. Robot still puts rare gems in Bladeshatter Treads (397), and epic gem in Immolation Shoulderguards (378) and Uncrushable Belt of Fury (378).
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby theckhd » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Their PvE weights are also a bit odd; the Stamina valuation is only 0.2, which is much lower than I remember it being before the update. And I'd argue that the "minimize damage taken" settings are all but obsolete.

Anyone planning on using Mr. Robot to optimize for Dragon Soul will have to put their own stat weights in. I'm still toying with things as I have time, but so far these weights have been working well enough for me

Mastery: 0.99
Dodge: 0.85-1
Parry: 0.85-1
Stamina: 0.65-0.67
Strength: 0.35
Armor: 0.16
Expertise: 0.01
Hit: 0.01
"Prioritize CTC" checked.

The choice for stamina depends on exactly how much you value Stam. 0.65 will suggest puissant (mast/stam) in any yellow slot, while 0.67 will favor Fractured (mastery). They still don't have an option to ignore the elixir/food combination though, so be aware that a 0.67 stamina weight will almost always shift to that combo and re-gem you all stamina.

I haven't nailed down the dodge/parry yet. At 0.85 it's tending to reforge parry/dodge to mastery on heavily unbalanced items (i.e. my ring). At 1, it's tending to reforge the hit. I have to play with it some more to finalize that.
Last edited by theckhd on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
theckhd

Postby Koatanga » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Does the weighting change when you have 2pc tier? It would seem that things that impact the amount of Judgement damage we do would have higher value as they contribute to the 25% absorption.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice