Remove Advertisements

All Things Mr. Robot!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Mr. Robot's Gear Optimizer

Postby Blackbeared » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:15 am

lythac wrote:You can use it for warriors, and they have their own Stat Weights.

They seem to look OK when comparing between Paladins and Warriors.

Parry is slighyly higher than Dodge due to Hold the Line.
Warrior Mastery is lower than Paladin (not as good for you?). Doesn't matter anyway too much the optimiser says to gem for it anyway.

The only thing you need to change is the weighting of Stamina. If you set it to 50 it will suggest sta gemming/enchating, if set to 49 Avoidance/Mastery.

Ok well for Warriors mastery is quite the thing, cause it increases chance to block for normal attacks en critical blocks.

But do I need to change the Stat Weights by much if so, any good opinions on what to chance for the best :), I know this is not the best place to ask but Tankspot is down I think, and well this site helped me so far with Gear even.
Blackbeared

Re: askmrrobot

Postby Digren » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:01 pm

I haven't seen anything about it, which is why I keep bringing it up in the 4.2 PTR discussion whenever anyone says that we'll "block cap almost immediately in 4.2".

If there's a blue post about it I'd love a link.
Digren

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Postby Yellowfive » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:41 am

Hey all -- I am the main engineer over at askmrrobot.com.

You all are correct that we don't put a weight on the resistance effect of the Mirror, thus you have to manually lock that trinket in as BiS, and basically ignore the ranking of it. It is a unique proc that would be quite difficult to rank as the other trinkets are ranked.

A few updates ago, we made significant improvements to the way that we rank and model tanking trinkets. Firstly, we built a proc simulator to get accurate average up-times for trinket procs and use effects. Then, we (finally!) implemented code to properly apply diminishing returns to tanking procs, which give large chunks of avoidance all at once.

We are in the process of updating everything for 4.2. One change that we will be implementing at this time is some extra logic around the avoidance cap, which apparently will be much easier to reach... if there is no scaling introduced as blizzard hinted at before cataclysm. Up until now we have sort of ignored it because you can just barely reach it in current gear. We can't get away with being lazy anymore though ;)

If anyone has any feedback or a tanking "wish list" for changes/improvements to askmrrobot.com for 4.2, now is the time to tell us!
Yellowfive

Postby theckhd » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Yellow,

For the 4.2 updates you'll have to account for the changes to Holy Shield, which will alter the mastery/dodge/parry relationships once again. Now that the PTR has settle down and we're not likely to see any more changes, I'll be updating the Derivations thread with the updated formulas, but I probably won't get to it until this weekend. I'll drop you a line once it's done though.

If you need anything else from me, just holler. I'll try and check the mrrobot forums every day or so until the patch as well.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Yellowfive » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Theck -- I checked out your updated derivation thread, very helpful as always!

So I was working on the holy shield version of "20% increased block value for 10 sec, 30 sec CD", but I notice that the latest talent calculator on wowhead shows "10% increased block value for 10 sec, 20 sec CD".

Does anyone know which it will be when the patch goes live?

I have updated the thread that describes how Mr. Robot's weights are created based on the calculations from maintankadin -- I'll update it with the final logic depending on what they actually do with holy shield.

http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php? ... 4#msg14224

I also have the total avoidance cap code working, since it's pretty easy to get capped in tier 12 gear. So far it seems decent... need to test it and get some more feedback though.
Yellowfive

Postby theckhd » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:16 pm

The PTR talent calculator is still showing the old 4.1 version of Holy Shield for me (10% block for 20s when using SotR/Inq). I haven't seen any statement about them changing the new design, so I assume that wowhead just hasn't updated the talent calculators on their PTR site?
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Mr robot / rawr

Postby Flomper » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:46 am

I have ran my toon through both programs and both r telling me different thinks . Not sure what one to use ? What do you guys use please . Also first post here so hi all. :D
Flomper

Re: Mr robot / rawr

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:01 am

I've never known Rawr to be particularly reliable when it comes to tank specs. Generally I only use it to gear my dps toons, and mostly just to balance hit/expertise caps.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Calleana » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:49 am

Hi Flomper,

I use Mr. Robot as the wonderful Theckhd helped with the numbers. I haven't used Rawr so can't comment on that. For a discussion based on Mr. Robot please see this thread http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31743 which should answer most of your questions.

For talent specs, basic training and other gear discussions there are stickied threads on the other forums on here to help you out.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:17 am

Moving this to the gear forum.
theckhd

Postby econ21 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:24 am

A minor point on Mr Robot - the recommended talent build (from EJ) seems dated. Specifically, picking up all tier 1 talents seems a waste when there alternatives like rule of law. Eternal glory probably should be the one to go, as the 20 second ICD limits it's value.

This would change the recommended tankadin talent spec into something more like Theckhd's "WoG" build:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGMhcRkdRRucbG

as explained in his guide to talents:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29589
econ21

Postby Digren » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 am

FYI, merging this with the "All Things Mr. Robot" thread.

As of now Mr. Robot is known to be good, and Rawr isn't, so use Mr. Robot.
Digren

Postby Malthrax » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 am

econ21 wrote:A minor point on Mr Robot - the recommended talent build (from EJ) seems dated. Specifically, picking up all tier 1 talents seems a waste when there alternatives like rule of law. Eternal glory probably should be the one to go, as the 20 second ICD limits it's value.

This would change the recommended tankadin talent spec into something more like Theckhd's "WoG" build:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGMhcRkdRRucbG

as explained in his guide to talents:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29589

EJ's tanking data for all four tanks has always been dated. EJ does a better job as a DPS-maximizing site, in my experience.
Malthrax

Postby Yellowfive » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback on our default spec for prot -- we'll take a look at yours and theck's recommendations and update our site as appropriate (and list this as a source).

The last couple updates should be much improved for all classes -- item info should be more consistent now that we have switched to the armory instead of wowhead, though we still need to update drop locations and item categorization a bit.

I have also made a few tweaks and bug fixes to the total avoidance calculations, particularly in the presence of avoidance procs from trinkets. You probably won't notice much (if any) change, but it might affect a few particular cases.
Yellowfive

Postby Dane » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:32 am

OK, I'm quite liking this tool, but I've got a ret question for it.

My character pane shows me with a 0.00% chance to miss...so, why does it keep recommending I reforge for hit?!?

Case in point...last night, I upgrade from the ZG gloves to T11. Prior to reforging, I'm at 0.00% miss chance, and I figure I might get to reforge haste into a more "exciting" stat (I DO like the big numbers crit provides...)

However, Mr. Robot told me to go Haste to Hit...why would this be?
Dane

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice