Remove Advertisements

All Things Mr. Robot!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:30 pm

I must have read it wrong, sorry for the confusion. Also, last time I used Chardev they hadn't updated for 4.3 yet, I'll have to take a look into it now.
Jeremoot

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Jeremoot wrote:I must have read it wrong, sorry for the confusion. Also, last time I used Chardev they hadn't updated for 4.3 yet, I'll have to take a look into it now.

I don't know what's going on with it. He said he'd not be updating it, but a big release was done after that statement and constant bug fixes have been implemented as well.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:44 am

Jeremoot wrote:I must have read it wrong, sorry for the confusion. Also, last time I used Chardev they hadn't updated for 4.3 yet, I'll have to take a look into it now.

He updated it for 4.3, but did state this was the last one (granted he said that for 4.2).
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Just tried MrRobot and they've appear to have fixed it. If you use custom weights it actually takes them into consideration now.
Jeremoot

Postby Bakey » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am

Regarding the Lifebound Alchemist Stone and Mr. Robots BIS gear: is that accurate? I've got that trinket in my bags, but I always run with Veil of Lies and Fire of the Deep equipped. Should I drop one of those for the alchemist trinket?
Bakey

Postby sfrog » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Is there a way to make sure Mr Robot is taking into account raid buffs? Right now it's assuming I have no raid buffs, which leads to an over-CTC.
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Postby Wanna » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 am

Long time reader......first time posting.
I have been reading through this thread and noticed that there was a bit of debate as to if it was balancing dodge and parry correctly.
Seems like when I run my pally's through it it makes me very heavy on parry.
So I was just wondering what the forum had decided as far as if this is working properly and should be followed, or is it better off avoided and figure gemming and reforging out for yourself?
Wanna

Postby Gab » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:23 am

Wanna wrote:Long time reader......first time posting.
I have been reading through this thread and noticed that there was a bit of debate as to if it was balancing dodge and parry correctly.
Seems like when I run my pally's through it it makes me very heavy on parry.
So I was just wondering what the forum had decided as far as if this is working properly and should be followed, or is it better off avoided and figure gemming and reforging out for yourself?

I have ditched Mr. Robot in favor of Chardev.org. Mr. Robot acts strangely at times and the buffs are not customizable. Chardev doesn't do anything automatically for you but is much more versatile.
Gab

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:03 am

I've sort of given up on Mr. Robot, to be honest. It's still doing some weird things for me, such as making gemming mistakes on the valor belt, or not updating the sidebar stats when I manually lock things in place. And it's still over-valuing dodge/parry, but using custom weights turns off the block-capping algorithm. It's even doing things like replacing a Puissant gem with a Solid gem in helm (foregoing +30 dodge bonus) instead of cloak (foregoing +10 parry bonus) in an effort to equalize dodge/parry, despite it being a net loss of avoidance overall.

In short, it's doing dumb things. It's probably fine for a rough estimate of what you should be doing, but when you're down to tweaking a few gems here and there, it's not very useful. I've just been using CharDev and following a simple "maximize mastery from all sources, then convert gems to Solid in order of greatest efficiency" algorithm.

I'd love to see it fixed, but last time I tried to help (to get them to add the "cap CTC, stack stamina" setting) it felt like pulling teeth. And they still didn't implement it properly (dodge/parry weightings are too high). So, at this point I'm not inclined to force the issue.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Weebey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 am

Chardev is good for now, and certainly preferable to Mr Robot in its current state. The problem is that, as far as I know, development has stopped on Chardev, so it is unlikely to be updated come MoP unless someone else takes up the reins. The first few weeks of 4.3, before Chardev was updated, were quite frustrating; I'm not looking forward to repeating that experience.
Weebey

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:12 am

Well, keep in mind that Mr. Robot will probably work great in MoP. Removing block-capping from the equation means that a lot of the code that's causing problems will be eliminated. As long as we can work out a simple set of mostly-static stat weights, Mr. Robot will be reliable. It's just that right now, it's doing silly things because the default stat weights are screwy and the custom stat weights simply don't work because they don't enforce block cap.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice