Remove Advertisements

WTB Advice - dps is very low for tank

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: WTB Advice - dps is very low for tank

Postby frontallobe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 am

So I implemented a bunch of gear changes that added even more mastery took away hit and expertise. I implemented the "good" rotation diligently more than I ever though. So while I expected a dps decrease I had a jump from 5500 - 8500 with the new rotation. Thanks for all the help.

Jay
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Epimer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:47 pm

frontallobe wrote:So I implemented a bunch of gear changes that added even more mastery took away hit and expertise. I implemented the "good" rotation diligently more than I ever though. So while I expected a dps decrease I had a jump from 5500 - 8500 with the new rotation. Thanks for all the help.

Jay

Hi again,

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better about the rotation. I took a look at your logs for this last week's raid, and I have to say it still looks kind of messy. There's a couple of maybe 18 second segments where everything looks in order, but there's loads and loads of situations where you prioritise Judgement or AS over Crusader Strike, or cast something other than Crusader Strike when it's off cooldown.

Could you link me a section from that raid where you feel you were doing things correctly?
Epimer

Postby Cascadian » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 am

7k to 8k on a single target Raid boss is about my normal output also.
And I spam WoG a lot to self heal and make it easier on the healers. My guild has told me that my goal should be survival. As long as I hold threat, they don't care what my DPS is.
Minimum standard for DPS group members is 10k.
They really want to see every DPS member at 12k+.

When I find my Pally Tank mana low (Consecrate 0 points) then I shift to a low mana expense rotation.
Get Divine Plea cast, then judgment, then Shield of Righteous.

I find that I regen mana fast enough even when empty to cast Judgment, CS, AS, CS.
Holy Wrath and Consecrate are more expensive, so you might miss a GCD.
But when empty you can still normally focus on CS, Judgement and AS.
Do that for a few cycles and you will find your mana getting back up to the point where you can get back into your full normal rotation. If you get lucky with a few AS procs, then your rotation won't suffer much at all, even when mana is low.

I also have Hammer of Wrath glyphed for 100% mana cost reduction. So at the end of a boss fight, if my mana is on empty, I will still get that killer under 20% Hammer available.

I have never felt the need to switch seals in mid-fight because of mana issues.
Cascadian

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice