Remove Advertisements

Schnottz's Medallion of Command

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Schnottz's Medallion of Command

Postby Oramac » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Pretty basic question. Is this trinket worth it for tanking? The agi seems like it'd be a ton of dodge, and a mastery proc cant hurt anything right?

Thanks!

link to trinket
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast

Oramac

Re: Schnottz's Medallion of Command

Postby econ21 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:43 pm

It's not bad to tide you over, but you will soon find better ones to replace it. If you are main spec protection and offspec retribution, I'd advise picking instead the strength one. Strength is better for ret than agility is prot and as a main spec proc, you'll find it harder to roll on ret trinkets.

However, if you have already picked it, it is ok. Agility translates into about 0.6 dodge. The proc is a lot of mastery, but with mastery I prefer a constant amount - as it seems to me all about smoothing damage - or at least a controllable on use proc. Tia's grace - a drop from Lost City - is better mastery/agility trinket - constant mastery and, effectively, constant agility. One of the Tol Barad trinkets gives you constant mastery and a on use amount of agility. Impetuous query, available from the AH, is also better iirc.
econ21

Postby Oramac » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 am

Looks like im getting the Str trinket. thanks!
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast

Oramac

Postby Digren » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 am

I chose Schnottz as the better trinket, but I replaced it in less than a week.
Digren

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice