Engineers: Grounded Plasma Shield or Nitro Boosts?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Engineers: Grounded Plasma Shield or Nitro Boosts?

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Rethinking a bit here...

I could drop BS for Eng IF they provide an upgrade path for the goggles. Not gonna make a change until we see that. This is mainly because I'm not likely to do any raiding on the pally besides BH.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby yappo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:51 pm

halabar wrote:Rethinking a bit here...

I could drop BS for Eng IF they provide an upgrade path for the goggles. Not gonna make a change until we see that. This is mainly because I'm not likely to do any raiding on the pally besides BH.

They don't need to do an upgrade path for goggles. "OP" engineer-only gems would work just as well. Ok, that would effectively be the same as an upgrade path, and probably possibly a bit too good for the newly dinged engineer in, say a year from now.
yappo

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:50 pm

yappo wrote:They don't need to do an upgrade path for goggles. "OP" engineer-only gems would work just as well. Ok, that would effectively be the same as an upgrade path, and probably possibly a bit too good for the newly dinged engineer in, say a year from now.

On the flip side, a friend's l80 alt is running around with an epic alchemy trinket.

Just sayin'.

WTB info about Eng so I know whether to re-drain my bank account leveling BS.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:21 pm

yappo wrote:
halabar wrote:Rethinking a bit here...

They don't need to do an upgrade path for goggles. "OP" engineer-only gems would work just as well. Ok, that would effectively be the same as an upgrade path, and probably possibly a bit too good for the newly dinged engineer in, say a year from now.

They'd have to make cogwheels with stat + stamina + armor, which I don't think they'd ever do as they'd be overpowered for cloth /leather wearers in PVP. I'd rather see new goggles with stamina and armor, and new or updated cogwheels with stats.

Heck, make it so the new goggles have a bonus that says "increase the value of installed cogwheels by 5%". That way the cogwheels scale automatically and only new goggles need drop.
Digren

Postby Shathus » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:26 am

Digren wrote:
Heck, make it so the new goggles have a bonus that says "increase the value of installed cogwheels by 5%". That way the cogwheels scale automatically and only new goggles need drop.

I think the bolded part is key, as the cogwheels basically replace the current 'green' status on the other helms, we just get to chose what those stats are, but those #s will also go up each tier making the cogwheels a worse option, even if the new goggles have a str and stam increase.

I definitely hope they have some kind of upgrade path, otherwise an interesting game feature (imo) is useless after the 1st tier.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 am

Shathus wrote:
Digren wrote:

I think the bolded part is key, as the cogwheels basically replace the current 'green' status on the other helms, we just get to chose what those stats are, but those #s will also go up each tier making the cogwheels a worse option, even if the new goggles have a str and stam increase.

I definitely hope they have some kind of upgrade path, otherwise an interesting game feature (imo) is useless after the 1st tier.

Of course, if they go the sunwell route and make the patterns drop in the next tier of content, I hope the're BOE, or it will effectively lock me out of them anyway. Have to see what they do.

But if there is an upgrade path that's available to me, I might drop JC for Eng, I'm so sick of the price wars there.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice