Hit vs Expertise

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Hit vs Expertise

Postby Faia » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:24 am

Now I know that this topic has been discussed alot recently and in the past too but most discussions keep on iterating the same old information that Expertise until dodge cap is better than Hit. I just wanted to throw out there that I think with recent changes this is now outdated and Hit is now the BEST threat stat due to its overall versatility and reliability.

First off is the recent patch change which I do not think has been detailed much:
Seal of Truth: All single target attacks (including Judgement, Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism, and Templar’s Verdict) can now trigger this seal.

-Note: Avengers Shield is also triggering the censure debuff on all targets it hits. (Unknown if this is intended)
(Note that if it is intended then it also increases the threat output of the Grand Crusader talent)

-This is a big change in my mind as when you reach hit cap it makes Avengers shield, Exorcism and Judgement all unavoidable as they either use the spell hit table or the "ranged" hit table which to my knowledge avoids dodge/parry.
Now that means not only will all your abilities never miss but they will also quickly apply 3-4 censure stacks during the initial pull before your target reaches melee range which surely double dips further with inquisition pulls!

-Rebuke and interrupting can now be done reliably as last time I checked creatures/mobs like players cannot parry/dodge while channeling or casting a spell making us able to assist or take on this task.

-Judgements of the Wise- While mana typically is not a huge concern it has to be noted that unmissable judgements also increase your mana thus enabling you to squeeze out an exorcism, holy radiance or consecration where applicable with less chance of ever having mana problems.

If any of this is incorrect I apologise and I will amend appropriately, I did take time out to see if any of this was inaccurate though I could not find any conflicting information.
Faia

Re: Hit vs Expertise

Postby Digren » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 pm

The old information was based on Theck's detailed mathematical simulations, not any subjective evaluation. While it may very well have changed due to the items you describe, I'll hesitate to comment until the updated simulations are complete.

This post is the one to watch for its 4.0.6 update.
Digren

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice