Remove Advertisements

Min maxing and gems-seeking some advice

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Min maxing and gems-seeking some advice

Postby Maelstormx » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:56 am

Greetings fellow paladins!

Although this is my first post, i have been a visitor to Maintankadin from the beggining of my tanking career which was sometime early in TBC! I would like to extend my thanks to all of you that have made this web site a valuable source of information regarding tanking! I have followed your advice,the breakdowns along with your guides, on tank mechanics and it made me a better tank!

In the recent weeks i have been trying to maximize my toons ability to soak up dmg and i am at a loss atm with my stats, i keep up with many other tanks (yes i stalk a lil 8) ) and i am wondering if there is anything else that i can do to increase my mastery or my dodge/parry! I see many tanks gemming pure mastery even in blue slots and while their stamina is relativly low (below 150k) their block is above 60% while their dodge and parry remain in the same value as most (dodge about 10-11, parry 11-12). I recently replaced all my pure stam gems for the hybrid 20 mastery/30 stam ones and while i lost some health i gained around 3% block.

So w/o delaying any further, what do YOU the more experienced tankadin think i should do? Here is a link of my Armory if it doesnt work, apologies you can find me as Maelstormx of Azgalor.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/maelstormx/simple

PS, we have recently started raiding and due to lack of healers we have been having problems downing anything, but i want to make sure that i am as prepared as i can be.
Maelstormx

Re: Min maxing and gems-seeking some advice

Postby Maelstormx » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Anyone? ; ;
Maelstormx

Re: Min maxing and gems-seeking some advice

Postby Mirydon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:55 am

Maelstormx wrote:Anyone? ; ;

Use the sticky.
Don't reforge to hit, don't gem expertise. Gem parry/stamina in red slots. Get a better weapon enchant (Mending or WW).
If you have a threat stat (hit/exp) on your item, reforge that to mastery instead of reforging avoidance to mastery. Only reforge avoidance to mastery if you only have avoidance stats on your item.

Personally I wouldn't gem full mastery if that would bring my unbuffed health below 150k. But that's just my personal preference.
Rune Weapon has defeated the hero of the Warmaul, Mogor! All hail Rune Weapon!
Mirydon

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice