Remove Advertisements

Different survivability weapon choice

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Different survivability weapon choice

Postby Fulgur » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:20 pm

If, as most tanks will attest to, threat isn't an issue and WoG is borderline OP wouldn't a weapon like Maldo's Sword Cane seem like a good survivability choice? It has mastery for block and crit is semi-useful (and can be reforged to dodge or parry).

The only question is whether the additional healing from the spell dmg is greater than the parry or dodge lost due to no str or agil and outright itemization.

I know the threat is low as stated in Theck's Matlab thread. But once you build a lead, switching to it might result in more survivability (I'll leave that to the number crunchers to decide if so). And late in the fight, your dmg/threat might be about even since Hammer of Wrath does more dmg w/ a caster weapon than melee.

If you do the math, don't forget to add in extra healing from SoI procs. I'd assume you'd be using it in a survivability situation.

Just trying to think outside the box.
Fulgur

Re: Different survivability weapon choice

Postby Flex » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Word of Glory scales with either AP or SP whichever is higher and since they have yet to make Vengeance not effect it no SP weapon would provide more SP than Vengeance provides AP.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby theckhd » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Flex wrote:Word of Glory scales with either AP or SP whichever is higher and since they have yet to make Vengeance not effect it no SP weapon would provide more SP than Vengeance provides AP.

Where does this crap keep popping up from? Exorcism is the only spell in our arsenal that scales with max(AP,SP). Everything else, including WoG, scales with both independently.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:34 am

theckhd wrote:
Flex wrote:Word of Glory scales with either AP or SP whichever is higher and since they have yet to make Vengeance not effect it no SP weapon would provide more SP than Vengeance provides AP.

Where does this crap keep popping up from? Exorcism is the only spell in our arsenal that scales with max(AP,SP). Everything else, including WoG, scales with both independently.

I got it from here: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2197 ... n-feedback
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:26 am

Flex wrote:
theckhd wrote:

I got it from here: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2197 ... n-feedback

Interesting, I was unaware of that post. That explains why I keep seeing this myth pop up. In any event, I believe WoG's scaling was changed pretty early in beta. That post is from September, so it's no longer relevant.

Empirical testing of WoG on live servers has already proven that it's not a max(AP,SP) function.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice