Remove Advertisements

T11 -- Bonues

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

T11 -- Bonues

Postby VikrumthePally » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:35 am

Just curious what people's thoughts are on the 2pc/4pc prot bonuses. I haven't seen it discussed very much and was looking for some opinions.

Are you saving points and just getting tier pieces to shoot strait for 4 pc or picking up off pieces when you can? I.E. relic, ring, etc?

Thanks for any input.
VikrumthePally

Re: T11 -- Bonues

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:24 pm

i just realized i havent even looked up the tier11 bonuses.....
:oops:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:48 pm

I decided to get offset pieces before 4 piece. The main reason is due to shoulders and helm being token drops. I typically have to compete with tons of DPS who save their DKP for tokens and it takes me forevor to get them.

I bought the chest, then the ring, then the relic. Currently saving up for legs. I don't like the hands at all. I have no idea what I'll buy after the legs.

Legs will put me at 3 piece and I suspect I won't have 4 piece until the helm, which will likely be a very long time from now.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Bonuses are meh.

By the time you can get 4pc (50% increase in GAnK duration (total of 18 seconds)), your healers have likely gotten used to you not having it anyway. I'm in no hurry to get it over classes that might benefit more.

@drops: no love for the gloves? I'd prefer the Council gloves myself, but wondering why the dislike.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 pm

I personally think the 4-piece is phenomenal. I'm on track to have it by this weekend thanks to a lucky roll on the shoulder token. Since we'll be starting hard modes soon, it seems like it'll be just in time.

The drawback is having to use one tier item with hit on it (helm or shoulder), but that's a small trade-off for 6 more seconds of 50% damage taken. Since tier bonuses don't cost itemization points anymore, they're much more attractive than in previous expansions.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby DJSticky » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't play on getting the 4 piece until it's round 2 on shoulders. I could have had it quite some time ago but the lack of mastery on the pieces put me off. I lucked out and got the gloves on our first BH kill and bought the chest soon there after. After looking at what was avail I decided that the BoE shoulders and Helm off Malorak (sp?) were more to my liking. I'm using the legs off the blind Dragon for lack of mastery legs but will most likely switch to the random enchant legs when the right combo drops. I passed on the mastery gloves as I already had T11 but plan on picking those up as well.

I suppose once I start wanting the Hit Rating on the shoulders and helm I'll pick them up also.
DJSticky

Postby Halfor » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:18 pm

It seems the 4 piece tier 11 combination that people would use is chest, gloves, shoulders and pants. This seems to be mostly because of Daybreaker Helm and Dragon Bone Warhelm being very high mastery alternatives.

If I don't end up going for the 4 piece bonus, I would use the tier chest and gloves with one of the BoE tank shoulders, random enhancement pants from Throne of Four Winds and either Daybreaker Helm or Dragon Bone Warhelm. This setup however, has pretty much no hit or expertise which at the moment, seems to not matter.

I have read some threads on the official forums about current heroic fights, especially heroic 10's, being very very difficult. That could mean the 4 piece bonus will have a very effective place in at least the heroic fights that seem to make people consider using an additonal tank.

I was thinking that perhaps an "everyday" tank set of 2 piece tier 11 with high mastery non-tier pieces and a 4 piece set for specific fights where the 4 piece bonus can really shine would be a pretty decent idea.
Halfor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:32 pm

theckhd wrote:The drawback is having to use one tier item with hit on it (helm or shoulder), but that's a small trade-off for 6 more seconds of 50% damage taken.

I'm of two minds on this.

On the one hand, it's 6 more seconds of 50% damage taken. What tank in their right mind wouldn't want that?

On the other hand, we tend to use CDs for very specific events to cover very specific sequences. Are fights being designed around the tank having a 18 second 50% damage reduction? I don't think that's the case.

On the gripping hand, are there going to be cases where that 6 second extension means the difference between a kill and a wipe? Yes, I'm sure. Are those edge cases worth a x% increase to damage or healing that another player would benefit from 100% of the time if they took the token instead? I'm not so certain.

Do I think taking the 4 pieces over other classes is a worthwhile allocation of gear? For my guild and raid and rate of progression, I don't think so. For someone pushing the edge of content for their raid's gear level, it will probably make a more sizeable difference.

You know what I miss? T9 bonuses.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby baphomet58 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:16 pm

sorry to be off topic, but why did you buy the tol barad agility trinket over the strength one, fuzzygeek?
baphomet58

Postby Promdates » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 am

The agi one gives you more dodge than the str one gives parry.
Promdates

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 am

Promdates wrote:The agi one gives you more dodge than the str one gives parry.

This. I'll get the str one third (after the resistance one) and swap them around from fight to fight.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice