Remove Advertisements

So Thirsty! Wheres My Mana Going!?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: So Thirsty! Wheres My Mana Going!?

Postby Bashe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:01 am

Tuttle wrote:
Vort wrote:15 seems a bit over the top for SFK. I've done a 23 minute Lost City but that was after a raid and we still had flasks and food buffs so we went in for daily heroic and stomped it chain pulling, even I was pulling 15k dps on trash!

I've had fast Tol'Vir runs, but this SFK run was ridiculous. It almost felt like WotLK.

I was curious so ran SFK normal (!!), not killing trash, not looting and with max run speed (PoJ) and it STILL took 5 minutes 45s.

I still had 16m left on SoI which I'd never refreshed
You're not even claiming 15 minutes, you're claming 14 minutes. So the difference between going through the instance at a flat run and your HC run would be 8 minutes. Come on now; you probably died at some point and rebuffed, or accidentally buffed yourself, seal-swapped or something.
Bashe

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 am

Tuttle wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Tuttle wrote:I ran SFK (in 15 minutes!)

I call absolute bullshit on that. Post a log. And it better be heroic.

I don't have logs since it was an LFD group and I don't bother to log them. You can walk away skeptical if you want. What I know is that I used SoI at the start of the dungeon, which went much, much, much better than I'd expected I still had 16m left on SoI which I'd never refreshed.

I went through recount because I couldn't believe it either, and I was seeing everyone but the healer at at least 10k dps (excluding me; I pulled about 7k overall). I only stopped to mark and we didn't bother with CC since we basically didn't have any and my healer was amazing. The only times we slowed down were waiting for that damned worgen to show up and open the doors.

No seriously, your run doesn't add up. 7k dps from a tank? That's normal. 10k dps from actual dps? That's normal. None of that equates to a 15 minute SFK heroic run. There is too much trash for that to actually work through that quickly. I'm at the point where I'd actually like to add up all the mob health in there, factor in the wait times for the worgen (which would slow you down at least a total of 4 minutes) and then divide it by all the dps you had in order to reach a reasonable amount of time for you to have finished the dungeon.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:25 am

Shenanigans.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Brute » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Earantur wrote:
Brute wrote:Also, why are you questing as prot? My DPS as ret is significantly higher and it's more fun to play. But to each his own.

Speaking only for myself, I quest as prot because I'm holy/prot dual specced. I'd guess that's the most likely reason for it.

lol, dur, that must be it. Holy spec is dead to me so i didn't even think of it.
Brute

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I'm at the point where I'd actually like to add up all the mob health in there, factor in the wait times for the worgen (which would slow you down at least a total of 4 minutes) and then divide it by all the dps you had in order to reach a reasonable amount of time for you to have finished the dungeon.

Wait for the worgen?

I know I've done some awfully fast SFK runs skipping the optional bosses and triggering the lore during combat so we don't have to sit around and wait for doors to open.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice