Windwalk worth it ?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Windwalk worth it ?

Postby sealava » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 am

i got a new tanking sword and was looking at what to enchant it.
best 1 looks like Windwalk http://www.wowhead.com/spell=74244
but after reading on it on wowhead comments they mention it having bad proc rate , which made me hesitate to dish out alot of gold for a low proc enchant .
problem is other weapon enchants aren't exactly that better also ,
Mending has a low proc also and small heals not really worth it with our big health pools atm.
the 40 hit,Landslide and rest are threat and as we are aware threat isn't a problem atm.
so whats your thoughts , any testing or personal experience with Windwalk would be much appreciated :wink:
sealava

Re: Windwalk worth it ?

Postby claisa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:56 am

During wraith i was in the blooddraining camp from day 1, now i find myself using bladeward. the logic i am using maybe bad so please point out if wrong.

But with higher health pools, lower amount of parry in the first place, and the aim of the game to conserve mana of your healers to use their big expensive AoE heals on exeryone over the course of a boss fight.

Then any enchant that boosts this is the right sort of enchant. Not sure what windwalking does but assuming it is some sort of proc dodge based thing. if so then bladeward could be a cheaper alternative untill mat prices come down. (as long as you have a friend with recipe)

I am currently in the cataclysm camp of mastery on everything, stamina is weak.
claisa

Postby Ardrhyst » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:08 am

claisa wrote:During wraith i was in the blooddraining camp from day 1, now i find myself using bladeward. the logic i am using maybe bad so please point out if wrong.

But with higher health pools, lower amount of parry in the first place, and the aim of the game to conserve mana of your healers to use their big expensive AoE heals on exeryone over the course of a boss fight.

Then any enchant that boosts this is the right sort of enchant. Not sure what windwalking does but assuming it is some sort of proc dodge based thing. if so then bladeward could be a cheaper alternative untill mat prices come down. (as long as you have a friend with recipe)

I am currently in the cataclysm camp of mastery on everything, stamina is weak.

Blade Ward's proc rate is just too low to make it of very much value at all. I tried it for awhile, and I rarely saw a 2 stack and never saw a 3 stack. It's not from parries knocking it off, either; I was watching the buffs time out.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby BlackNet » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:09 am

Avalanche, Typical average is around 1.5% proc rate for me.
BlackNet

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice