So many trinkets!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: So many trinkets!

Postby econ21 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Redleg wrote:I just picked up a Mirror of Broken Images and the on-use seems very good.

I agree this looks very nice. I picked up the agility on use TB trinket, but am now going to grind commendations for this one. My problem with the "on use" aspect is knowing which fights to use it on. Which Cata bosses would it be good for? (i.e. which ones do bursts of damage it could be used to resist?)
econ21

Postby Jaitee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Redleg wrote:
StarQ wrote:Regarding to the trinket question. I'm standing in front of hellscreams reach quartermaster and thinking of buying
Mirror of Broken Images.

Actually i have
Symbiotic Worm
Porcelain Crab

and on my bank
Figurine - Earthen Guardian

I want to replace the Crab with the new one. Don't want to lose the +stamina and +mastery below 35% HP. What do you mind?

I just picked up a Mirror of Broken Images and the on-use seems very good. It stacks with kings/motw and resistance aura/totem. So with kings + resistance aura + on-use, you are looking at 595 frost/fire/shadow resistance, and 497 arcane/nature resistance.

The character sheet resistance tooltip shows 595 resistance to be an average reduction of 50.32%, and 497 is 45.83%.

the resistance part of the character sheet shows the reduction against a same level mob it drops significantly against a mob +3 levels from memory resistance aura gives about 25% reduction against a same level mob and drops to around half that against a raid boss...assuming that its about the same reduction at higher resistances its probably a 25% reduction...nothing to sneeze at especially considering that the things you would save it for ie dragon breaths are generally soem of the hardest hitting boss abilities
Jaitee

Postby Ventris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:36 am

I dunno if anyone's posted it but even though its an ilvl 318 trink, I've found tremendous use of this little one here.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=63742/zabroks-lucky-tooth

with a substantial amount of stam as well as over 1000 mastery on use, I've worked it into my cooldown rotation and had a lot of luck on it last night in our guild's first attempts at council of the four winds.
Ventris

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:51 am

econ21 wrote:Which Cata bosses would it be good for? (i.e. which ones do bursts of damage it could be used to resist?)

Ascendant Council comes to mind. As do the Throne fights. Also Twin Dragons. Also Robot Council.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Loras » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Godly for Nefarian too.
Loras

Postby Bashe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 am

In cataclysm I've taken to gearing heavily towards mastery (my combat table coverage when I'm in raid buffs approaches 90% I believe, but hard to double-check right now for the exact number), I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. This also includes all but ignoring stamina trinkets. I'm sure that if someone lets loose some math they could find a hole in my logic, but my thinking is that stacking stamina fails to account to the new healing situation where healers are constantly flirting OOM if they're healing 'big'.

My healthbar is currently big enough that almost nothing kills me too fast to be healed (barring mechanics fail) but sometimes damage comes in too rapidly over a period of time for healers to keep up without going out of mana. This is what I gear for (ie mastery, armor) and I'd equip a stamina trinket only if there's a really good one-use or proc.
Bashe

Postby Awyndel » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:13 am

I'm changing my mastery trinkets. Like most I am picking up http://www.wowhead.com/item=62466 .

I am also going to test how reliable http://www.wowhead.com/item=56394/tias-grace is, and how fast it stacks.

Those would both be great trinkets when we start getting closer to the block cap.
Awyndel

Postby econ21 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:30 am

Awyndel wrote:I am also going to test how reliable http://www.wowhead.com/item=56394/tias-grace is, and how fast it stacks.

In my experience, 100% reliable and stacks really fast. Everytime I look, it is 10 stacks. I love it.
econ21

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:21 am

econ21 wrote:
Awyndel wrote:I am also going to test how reliable http://www.wowhead.com/item=56394/tias-grace is, and how fast it stacks.

In my experience, 100% reliable and stacks really fast. Everytime I look, it is 10 stacks. I love it.

Agreed, it's amazing. The agility provides about 0.80% dodge
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Awyndel » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:50 am

Gamingdevil wrote:
econ21 wrote:

Agreed, it's amazing. The agility provides about 0.80% dodge

Oh. My. God.

This thing better drop soon for me!!!
Awyndel

Postby Senador » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:24 am

Which Cata bosses would it be good for? (i.e. which ones do bursts of damage it could be used to resist?)

Omnitron, if you are targeted by Flamethrower, while tanking the other active Golem.

Maloriak while having the debuff during Red Vial phase.

Nefarion’s electrocutes and breath attacks.

Conclave of Wind, Nezir’s cold cone, or ultimate.

Al’akir’s electrocute, Acid Rain and the lightning rod effect in phase 3.

Ascendant Council, Ignatius’ fire cone/AoE, Galciate, Lightning AoE

Cho’gall Flame Orders, phase 2 AoE
Senador

Postby Loras » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Awyndel, instead of Tia's Grace, just pick the mastery/agi-on-use Tol Barad epic trinket. More passive mastery, and huge dodge-on-demand.
Loras

Postby Olen » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:36 pm

IMO stick with Tia's Grace over Unsolvable Riddle. Tia's Grace provides more CCT against melee, while the 2m cd /use AGI only gives you 4ish% Dodge. That's hardly even a cooldown.
Olen

Postby econ21 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:23 am

I think I will go for both Tia's Grace and Unsolvable Riddle for my default avoidance/mastery trinkets (for heroics). I will probably use the Tol Barad resistance one and a stamina one for raid bosses.

I did just buy Impetuous Query but after testing it out, think Unsolvable Riddle gets the nod. Unsolvable Riddle gives me a flat 0.87% more CTC. The on use effect is weaker, 3.97% dodge compared to 5.18%, but overall I think I would prefer a permanent 0.87% CTC to an extra 1.21% dodge on demand (0.87 points of which the Riddle would have blocked). I admit it's surprisingly close, however - given that we are comparing a 359 trinket with a 333 one.
econ21

Postby Loras » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:59 am

Unsolvable Riddle gives more dodge on demand actually, since the Agility scales with BoK/MotW
Loras

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice